25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Looking forward to it, seems more suited to console than PC.

  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

    @Hero1 said: What does being a "publisher" for XBOX 360 actually mean? wern't they a publisher for the Wallace & Gromit games? It's good news though, JP sounds like it would play well on the XBOX360

    Telltale developed Wallace & Gromit, but on Xbox it was published to by Microsoft, through Microsoft first party publishing. We're now our own publisher as well, so on the Xbox, Microsoft will still be certifying our games (like they do with every other game) but the decision and leeway to publish is our own, instead of going through middlemen.

  • @PeteRoyale said: They're going to be releasing it on a disc in North America.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/28/jurassic-park-coming-to-xbox-360-on-disc-this-fall-simultaneo/

    Hopefully this'll be the same for Europe, much prefer having a physical copy.

    Though not mentioned in this latest press release, Telltale CEO Dan Connors said just this week that Jurassic Park "will be released simultaneously on every platform this fall," meaning the PC and Mac releases will appear alongside the "full series" Xbox 360 release

    This confuses me, if it is released at the same time for everything, does that mean it won't be released episodicly? Or will the PC/Mac versions come out first and the retail versions later in fall?

  • ...The more I look around, the more I think it wont be a season release and just a full game. Nothing as to definite proof, but for one I no longer see episodes mentioned anywhere. I'm actually FOR a continuous game that you don't have to keep going back to the menu. If it's true, groovy.

  • @Johro said: ...The more I look around, the more I think it wont be a season release and just a full game. Nothing as to definite proof, but for one I no longer see episodes mentioned anywhere. I'm actually FOR a continuous game that you don't have to keep going back to the menu. If it's true, groovy.

    I would prefer it too, but I would imagine the Xbox version will be released either at the same time as the first or last episode, I'm not sure they would put it out as one game on PSN, if they did that then why not just release it at retail for PS3 too?

  • @jpsandhu said: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/04/telltale-games-signs-xbox-publishing-deal-delays-jurassic-park/1

    Theres the link people!!!! Enjoy!!!:D

    Im happy I get to play it on my 360!!!!!!!!!!

    Well old news? It was announced that this was comming for consoles long time ago?..

  • it might be disc release for both...nothing has been confirmed either way...but if they have permission for PSN release, I would imagine they would get disc permission too...or they could just do a full game PSN release. Many full games are available on PSN already, it's not a stretch(although I dont know about the XBOX marketplace and whether full games are available there).

  • @Jake said: Telltale developed Wallace & Gromit, but on Xbox it was published to by Microsoft, through Microsoft first party publishing. We're now our own publisher as well, so on the Xbox, Microsoft will still be certifying our games (like they do with every other game) but the decision and leeway to publish is our own, instead of going through middlemen.

    Which means, I fear, no mandatory multi-5 localization by Microsoft...

  • @SunnyGuy said: This confuses me, if it is released at the same time for everything, does that mean it won't be released episodicly? Or will the PC/Mac versions come out first and the retail versions later in fall?

    Simultaneous=Same Time, so JP:TG might be a full packaged game with 5 episodes to play all at once, or one continuous game.

    We'll see...

  • I want Jurassic Park to be a full season release. Time for Telltale to mix things up. I think that they can lengthen story and improve gameplay and dish out in one single release...


    Also...
    Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!! The Sens sucked....

Add Comment