Hey, guys! The name's divisionten, and for those that know me, know that I'm a huge fan of a few things- Telltale, fanart, and contests. I have to admit, that I'm fairly lucky- I've won a lot of stuff in raffles over the years- from my very first computer (a hot blue iMac) to a year's worth of housing at my university.
But in one area I didn't get so lucky- I was born with three different eye disorders, two of them completely untreatable. However, one of them is, and I'm getting surgery mid May to get it corrected. I'll be completely blind for some time after the surgery while my eyes heal. So, why not combine my love for Telltale, fanart, and contests with the fact that I'm going to be stuck sightless and cooped up in bed for a bit?
So I'm making a very unique fanart contest! With prizes! Please note that this IS approved by Telltale, but is made by myself and a few of the other forum moderators as a way of saying thanks. The prizes are coming from my pocket, not theirs.
Obviously, I won't be able to see anything during my recovery, so this fanart contest is one where the art is invisible. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make AUDIO fanart for Jurassic Park. Anything that can be heard qualifies. This includes, but is not limited to, songs, radio plays, fake advertisements, foley work, and fanfiction read out loud.
First place, as chosen by a panel of our illustrious judges (aka some of the Telltale mods) will receive one of two prizes. If you're not from the US, you'll get an entire Telltale season of your choice (If you're waiting for a not-yet-released title like King's Quest, you can choose that, too and you'll get it with all preorder bonuses).
If you're in the United States, you can choose either the Telltale season OR a leatherbound copy of Jurassic Park and The Lost World in a single volume such as this one:
Sorry I can't offer this to non-US residents, the shipping is just too expensive.
Second place will receive any single episode from Telltale's library (including Hector or Puzzle Agent or PA2) or any one of their button sets. Again, your choice.
1. One entry per person.
2. 15 minutes maximum. entry length.
3. Original Material only (you may use foley- sound effects- that are premade, however)
4. Please PM me with a link to your entry. They can be in any audio format or on YouTube. You can include video if you want to, but we will only be judging the audio portion.
5. Entries must be submitted by Noon Eastern Standard Time on May 16th. No entry will be heard in advance, so don't worry about trying to rush to get it in before anyone else. Everyone's entry that comes in by that time will be listened to AFTER the deadline in random order.
6. Judging is based on creativity and how well you treat the Jurassic Park IP. While good quality audio is NICE it is not NECESSARY.
7. If there are more than two unanimously decided outstanding entries, additional prizes may be awarded.
8. Good luck and get cracking!