User Avatar Image

BTTF Ep 5: OUTATIME Predictions thread (Spoilers Warning!)

posted by Kamagawa on - last edited - Viewed by 4.9K users

I think we may freely travel through time. (ie. it won't just be in the storyline)

443 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • well we know that i was right about FCB going to 1931.
    (http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=475242#post475242)

We now know that Edna probably isn't the arsonist.

and a cookie to the ones who thought either FCB or Edna was gonna be the overall villian.

There are now 3 problems:
    1: Will Doc materialise while FCB is still in 1931.

2: that doesn't seem like a prelude to a "cinimatic chase through Hill Valley's past, present and future".

3: Who is the arsonist and how did Edna's shoe get in the delorian from ep1?

maby Edna mistakes Doc for FCB or gets into the wrong delorean during the chase.

If FCB doesn't know that he must not undo Marty's past actions in order to maintain his timeline, he might be the reason for the dinomite in ep2.

Still don't really get the double visions title...maby it refers to FCB struggling to decide between the 2 timelines?

I think that the expo thing might be might be as short as the 'saving FCB' bit. Then Doc will materialise and they will chase FCB (and possibly Edna) through time as FCB tries to alter events in order to stop you from succeding. every now and then both Doc and FCB will alternate with starting to fading out.

wait...Docs invention is meant to fail...so FCB will accidently help you...causing the timeline to change and be replaced with Doc...i think we may chase Edna in ep5....

• doc will probably go back to the future to bring "old edna" back to 1931.

Scheme scheme scheme

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: yes it's brief, less than a minute

it does show old edna from 1986 in her lab again (so presumably the timeline hasn't changed yet).

I think that was just a flashback.

maby the events of ep5 will teach Edna to be free-er and she will end up having a good life.

• @Kamagawa said: I think that was just a flashback.

Thats what i was thinking too. At first thought, bttf isn't usually the type of series to throw red herrings at you though dreams but the beginning of the first episode was a dream sequence.

You could argue either way at this point whether that clip is a dream or not;

FOR: the timeline should be changed by now since edna and doc are broken up
    AGAINST: the premise indicates a chase through the past, PRESENT, and future so it appears there will be business in 1986

it's also possible that since doc has the delorean, he restores the timeline to the FCB one himself.

• to tell ya the truth i have no idea how this will end each preview gave us a good idea of were the story will go but now it seems like FCB will try and undo all that marty has done to fix the timeline one thing is for sure the Finale will prob answer all the questions about ep 1 the hardest thing will be waiting for OUTATIME to come out and we truly have no clue when thatll be

• @Ichijo said: to tell ya the truth i have no idea how this will end each preview gave us a good idea of were the story will go but now it seems like FCB will try and undo all that marty has done to fix the timeline one thing is for sure the Finale will prob answer all the questions about ep 1 the hardest thing will be waiting for OUTATIME to come out and we truly have no clue when thatll be

according to the telltale store, episode 5 releases in june

• I hope it will be a Happy Ending. And that the timeline we know will be restored.
    Because if Marty and Doc don't get an Happy ending after all the crap they went through ...

Doc will be back, to tell us how and why he landed in 1931 in the 1st place.

• My theory:

The Delorean in Episode 1 arrives after Episode 5's ending and is therefore stuck in a loop of Time. Einstein battled Young Edna before, she loses her shoe and he's the only one inside when it travels back to the present.

Remember that dream sequence from the first episode? I'm now pretty certain, this will be a major plot point in the finale. I don't know how yet, but I keep thinkin' we witnessed a time paradox in this scene. And Young Edna travelling alongside FCB are the cause of it.

Also it brings up this one detail that keeps popping up in my head: The broken "Last Time Departed" display from Episode 1. It HAS to mean something, because it gets fiexed immediately once Marty arrives in 1931 for the first time.

• @Ductos said: My theory:

The Delorean in Episode 1 arrives after Episode 5's ending and is therefore stuck in a loop of Time. Einstein battled Young Edna before, she loses her shoe and he's the only one inside when it travels back to the present.

Remember that dream sequence from the first episode? I'm now pretty certain, this will be a major plot point in the finale. I don't know how yet, but I keep thinkin' we witnessed a time paradox in this scene. And Young Edna travelling alongside FCB are the cause of it.

Also it brings up this one detail that keeps popping up in my head: The broken "Last Time Departed" display from Episode 1. It HAS to mean something, because it gets fiexed immediately once Marty arrives in 1931 for the first time.

they did make a point of having doc work on the calibration of the time circuits in this episode (something hinted at in the dream sequence) including the automatic retreival settings. So I'm thinking marty borrows one of the deloreans caught in the time loop to chase after doc. Since it's set to loop, he can just leave it alone and it should arrive back where he got it from. Maybe this miscalibration is what propels them into the future? This would be an interesting twist; in the trilogy, aside from the second trip to 1955, trips into the past are accidental and doc/marty are stuck in the past needing to find a way to get back to the future but the trip to the future was voluntary and they got to leave as soon as they wanted to. It would be neat to be stuck in the future especially since unlike being stuck in the past, you dont know what is going to happen when you are in the future.

Maybe what could happen is doc tries to set things right with young edna but she turns on them making doc realize she is a bad person and thus gives up on fixing her timeline.

You may or may not be right about the last time departed theory. It is necissary for that to have shorted out because if it was working marty would have no reason to go meet edna. But the only digit that was clearly shown was the '2' in the millenium spot so it's likely the last time departed was the future.

• What I Think:

I bet Doc magically reappears in the 1930's and catches up with Marty. So Doc disguises himself as another citizen there so he can team up with Marty. They try to prevent Evil Doc from hurting the Young Emmet so he can create the Delorean later on in the future. Then another Delorean appears with Einstine in it and once the prevent the bad things to happen. They travel on into the present. Doc says his goodbyes (again) Stops the sale. And gives Marty his house as a Garage/Future Home. And the Delorean so he can visit Doc later on. And his loyal dog aswell, As a gift for helping him all this time with his life.

Add Comment