User Avatar Image

Review Thread (spoilers) - Hector Episode 1: We Negotiate with Terrorists

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 622 users

Well played through it and my first thought is that this is obnoxious but not in a funny way.

The humor,story, and Hector himself almost made me stop playing the puzzles are ridiculously easy, and you telltale fans might be saying so was BTTF....

Yes but BTTF had a good story and funny humor to compensate for the lack of difficult puzzles.

This game is just pure annoyance and should have stayed on the app store.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I agree it's an easy game, still i think it's funny.

Let me explain a bit; the developers of Hector sometimes taken the assumption "gross == funny" which simply isn't true, but keep in mind that it's also wrong the "false-puritan" approach based on the opposite expression ("funny == !gross") that many use in search of a low PEGI rating.

What developers did seems to be a demonstration that sometimes "gross" is "funny", while sometimes not. (As a disclaimer: i speak of game situation not of entire games)

• Was I the only one to like the fat hooker's body?

• @tbm1986 said: Was I the only one to like the fat hooker's body?

Nope ppl loved her body they just had issues with her breath

• @coolsome said: Nope ppl loved her body they just had issues with her breath

fair enough

• I loved the dark British humour, a lot of the lines in this game had me laugh out funny. Found it quite refreshing after Sam & Max 3 which for me has jumped the shark and wasn't all that funny. Nice addition to the TT lineup - looking forward to the rest!

• Like it. Fun game. It's short but the puzzles were fine. While still a bit on the easy side i think the difficulty is much more than in any other TellTale Game. There are no obvious hints and it requieres a good bit of exploration.
    The main problem with the difficulty in Hector, is like some have said, the linear display of puzzles.
    But overall, very good game.

edit: Oh, and the addition of subtitles in the cutscenes is something it should be checked if possible for the next chapters.

Add Comment