223 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    EricP Telltale Staff

    @farchondo said: Well... I don´t think so. Sounds a little far fetched. Especially since Edna hates Einstein so much, the Einstein statues won´t have to appear so early in the time line. For young Emmet or Edna to change the statues in the courthouse they should have so much more power in politics and in episode 4 they are just aiming for the science contest in the school.

    The only person with power to change those statues could be Emmet´s father and... well, after what is happening to his son with science... why will he???

    The episode 4 is great but those Einstein statues at the courthouse should´t exist. I even think they got lazy and didn´t create new graphic design for the scene.

    It was pretty subtle, but we intentionally set that up in episode 2. One of Edna's projects then was raising funds to add some statuary to the clock tower. I don't remember now if there's even a line for it, it might just be printed on a pamphlet or something. Anyways, seeing Einstein up on the roof inspired her to choose him as the model instead of the jaguars or whatever that we know from the original timeline. As for why she would choose something she hates, have you ever seen the gargoyles on a cathedral? They're all demons and monsters, which I doubt were the sculptors' favorite creatures.

    By all means feel free to question our reasoning, but at least rest assured that it was completely intentional in episodes 3 and 4.

  • Not enough Jennifer. Felt like it could have gone on for longer. I don't understand why Citizen Brown still existed after Doc + Edna's relationship was destroyed.

    What I liked a lot: THe Puzzles were fun, probably more well designed than past episodes. Obviously the relationship between Alternate Doc and Marty is only a few days and his relationship with Edna was going on for like 40-50 years. So its interesting to see how the time stream TRULY affected their relationship...the ending seemed really dark though. Hopefully Episode 5 will be a cliffhanger that says: "This was a very successful series, we will be starting another BTTF series later this year!!"

  • @EricP said: It was pretty subtle, but we intentionally set that up in episode 2. One of Edna's projects then was raising funds to add some statuary to the clock tower. I don't remember now if there's even a line for it, it might just be printed on a pamphlet or something. Anyways, seeing Einstein up on the roof inspired her to choose him as the model instead of the jaguars or whatever that we know from the original timeline. As for why she would choose something she hates, have you ever seen the gargoyles on a cathedral? They're all demons and monsters, which I doubt were the sculptors' favorite creatures.

    By all means feel free to question our reasoning, but at least rest assured that it was completely intentional in episodes 3 and 4.


    One thing of note that would have been very compelling...is if a few things in 1931 "just didn't seem right" as in, when Citizen Brown was "testing" the time machine, he was actually traveling to specific time periods prior to 1931 to alter history prior to the events that took place in the beginning of the series.

  • @EricP said: It was pretty subtle, but we intentionally set that up in episode 2. One of Edna's projects then was raising funds to add some statuary to the clock tower. I don't remember now if there's even a line for it, it might just be printed on a pamphlet or something. Anyways, seeing Einstein up on the roof inspired her to choose him as the model instead of the jaguars or whatever that we know from the original timeline. As for why she would choose something she hates, have you ever seen the gargoyles on a cathedral? They're all demons and monsters, which I doubt were the sculptors' favorite creatures.

    By all means feel free to question our reasoning, but at least rest assured that it was completely intentional in episodes 3 and 4.

    While I knew the statues were not something as simple as, "game designers being lazy and not creating new graphics", it still seems a little far-fetched. Gargoyles may not be a sculptor's favorite creature, but I doubt most of them had a personal vendetta against them, like Edna did with Einstein. The sculpture's depictions looked like they were honoring Einstein, and the first thought that went through my mind playing episode 3 was "Why do they have dog statues in a place where they outlaw dogs?". They really seemed out of place to me. If the statue's depictions demonized Einstein someway, maybe him snarling with a pose ready to attack, huge teeth/fangs, something that would put dogs in the worst kind of light, I dunno, it would have made a lot more sense. Or maybe in a future version, just replace them with Sam statues instead. :D (j/k)

  • I thought it was a lot better then Episode 3 (I thought it stunk). The graphics were a lot greater, the story left me wanting for more by the end and it contained a lot of "cool" artwork.

    You know which one I mean >_> <_<...

    I also like the tie-in from Episode 3, picked up right where it left off in a really cool sequence filled with coolness. I however like always found the puzzles to easy and the game short, which isn't fun at all. Hopefully by the end Telltale will stop recycling old areas, characters, and make the finale nice and long and hard. But not to hard...
    I offically give the game a:

    8.5/10.
    Better then last which I secretly gave a 5/10.

  • @bobscratch said: While I knew the statues were not something as simple as, "game designers being lazy and not creating new graphics", it still seems a little far-fetched. Gargoyles may not be a sculptor's favorite creature, but I doubt most of them had a personal vendetta against them, like Edna did with Einstein. The sculpture's depictions looked like they were honoring Einstein, and the first thought that went through my mind playing episode 3 was "Why do they have dog statues in a place where they outlaw dogs?". They really seemed out of place to me. If the statue's depictions demonized Einstein someway, maybe him snarling with a pose ready to attack, huge teeth/fangs, something that would put dogs in the worst kind of light, I dunno, it would have made a lot more sense. Or maybe in a future version, just replace them with Sam statues instead. :D (j/k)

    There's something going on with Einstein. There's more to it that I'm sure we'll find out about in the last episode. We don't know where he went or what he's been doing all that time in 1931. Even young Doc mentions his mysterious disappearance. We don't even know how he got Edna's shoe and jumped back in the Delorean to go back to 1986 in the first place. I'm betting that in the 5th episode we'll go back even further in time, likely to the night of the speakeasy fire, and we'll get explanations for Einstein, the statues, the shoe, and the arson - and maybe cause an event that will keep all of this mess from ever happening.

    As for the episode, I admit that after finishing it I sat back and thought "wait, that's it?" But after thinking about it for a few minutes, I really like it. Sure, it's short and mostly set-up for episode five, but that's true of most second-to-last act games, shows, films etc. I love the direction that they took it in.

    Even in the films, there were often times when I'd wonder whether the changes that Marty inflicted on the timeline were always for the best. When you think about it, he's actually been really selfish. Sure, he's done things that improved his own life but he never stopped to think that he might be making someone else's future worse at the same time (like Biff's, or someone even less deserving). To have a character actually realize this and call him out on it - and to have that character be a version of Doc, of all people - is really, really cool. Citizen Brown actually has a point and you can't blame him for being unable or unwilling to see Marty's side of it. This series seems intent on really pushing the relationship between Marty and Doc, and that's really the essence of BttF right there. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

  • Just finished this episode too. And well uhhm it was good by itself.
    But the endpart was indeed a bit dark. Tho i liked the fact it was similar to the original BTTF1 movie.

    I cant really decide or tell right now if i like this storyline so far, i guess it depends whether the storyline of the final outtatime episode will be good or not.

  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: There's something going on with Einstein. There's more to it that I'm sure we'll find out about in the last episode. We don't know where he went or what he's been doing all that time in 1931. Even young Doc mentions his mysterious disappearance. We don't even know how he got Edna's shoe and jumped back in the Delorean to go back to 1986 in the first place. I'm betting that in the 5th episode we'll go back even further in time, likely to the night of the speakeasy fire, and we'll get explanations for Einstein, the statues, the shoe, and the arson - and maybe cause an event that will keep all of this mess from ever happening.

    As for the episode, I admit that after finishing it I sat back and thought "wait, that's it?" But after thinking about it for a few minutes, I really like it. Sure, it's short and mostly set-up for episode five, but that's true of most second-to-last act games, shows, films etc. I love the direction that they took it in.

    Even in the films, there were often times when I'd wonder whether the changes that Marty inflicted on the timeline were always for the best. When you think about it, he's actually been really selfish. Sure, he's done things that improved his own life but he never stopped to think that he might be making someone else's future worse at the same time (like Biff's, or someone even less deserving). To have a character actually realize this and call him out on it - and to have that character be a version of Doc, of all people - is really, really cool. Citizen Brown actually has a point and you can't blame him for being unable or unwilling to see Marty's side of it. This series seems intent on really pushing the relationship between Marty and Doc, and that's really the essence of BttF right there. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

    I think in the end Einstein will finally speak and say(something I've suspected for a long time): Marty; Im your dad! Join me on the Dark Side. Together we'll rule the universe. This has always been my worries about Einstein and today as he is gone I believe this is the very truth. He has turned to the dark side.

Add Comment