User Avatar Image

Let's write a song!!

posted by JedExodus on - last edited - Viewed by 279 users

So a good few folks around here play instruments so i'd thought it'd be fun if we all brought something to the table and tried to put a song together.

Putting it all together will be a bit of a nightmare but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. The very least we'll get from this is that we'll get to bounce a few ideas off each other and gave a bit of craic :) For now we don't have to worry about recording quality and tempo cos we're esentially just brainstorming

Anyway, here's my rough proposal for a theme, I dunno if anyone would wanna work with anything in this vein but it's nice to hear feedback!

Likewise post your ideas, every style and instrument is welcome and hopefully between us all we can get something really nice going on :)

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wrote this one for Comrade Pants this is my musical vision of him rolling about the wastelands of Mexico and wasting bandits and romancing senoritas.

It has no words because a desporado does not need words, only actions

• That is so awesome Jed. Anyway, we have a number of musicians now. Care to start bossing us about so we can make some phenominally big telltale musical? :D

• @doodinthemood said: That is so awesome Jed. Anyway, we have a number of musicians now. Care to start bossing us about so we can make some phenominally big telltale musical? :D

Ohhh, starting always hard, we need some sort of overture, that we can play on throughout the piece of music and establish throughout. I'll have a mull over it tomorrow when i come home from work and see what I come up with. We can use what we already have as well for different bits and pieces. Your rather Dashing piece and Comrades desperado piece are both in A minor so it's an easy transition at any rate.

Wondering if we can do anything with that first thing I posted, it's a bit Paul Simon on it. It's in C if ye wanna have a stab at noodling with it

• @JedExodus said: I wrote this one for Comrade Pants this is my musical vision of him rolling about the wastelands of Mexico and wasting bandits and romancing senoritas.

It has no words because a desporado does not need words, only actions

That was beautiful. I feel like taking a trip to Mexico, now. Who wants to film it for the music video?

• @Comrade Pants said: That was beautiful. I feel like taking a trip to Mexico, now. Who wants to film it for the music video?

Oooh! Pick me! I've always wanted to go to Mexico. Sort of silly, actually why I haven't already. I mean, it's right there, only about three hours away by car.

Though in retrospect, if my filming is in anyway related to my FPS skills, the video will probably be composed of nothing but lovely shots of the ground.

• @Alcoremortis said: Oooh! Pick me! I've always wanted to go to Mexico. Sort of silly, actually why I haven't already. I mean, it's right there, only about three hours away by car.

Though in retrospect, if my filming is in anyway related to my FPS skills, the video will probably be composed of nothing but lovely shots of the ground.

Whatevs. Good enough. It's better than Michael Bay, after all.

• @Comrade Pants said: Whatevs. Good enough. It's better than Michael Bay, after all.

Maybe I could make it artistic. Follow your tread marks around or something. Leave people wondering what the hell happened there. Which would probably be a fitting response to such a video.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Bahahaha - I only just caught up with this thread. A far more accurate title for any song about me would be "Puzzlebox ain't all that, people just have a skewed perspective because she only ever posts pictures that make her look all right, in the grand scheme of things she's honestly not that good anyway, and also people on here who say they fancy her are not entirely serious, but everyone is of course aware of that so let's just play along". Catchy huh?

Anyway, you guys are pretty awesome with those sweet tunes. Who'd have guessed at the ocean (or at least considerably sizeable pond) of talent sloshing about here?

• She's a real puzzle! It excites Dungeon and Dragon fans and RPGS and adventure gamers alike....!!!

I want to put her together, unlock all her secrets, yeah...that's the idea...

no, put seriously her name has like a infinite amount of possibilities in song.

• @puzzlebox said: ...people just have a skewed perspective because she only ever posts pictures that make her look all right...

Do you have any pictures that don't make you look all right?

Add Comment