User Avatar Image

Sam & Max Hit the Road HD Remake

posted by Rythenarutoninja on - last edited - Viewed by 721 users

Anyone else want a Sam & Max Hit the Road HD remake with Telltale's Sam and Max's voice actors? (Or with the original) for PC,Mac, and PS3? Vote in the poll

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes, it'd be a good idea, but what could you add to this remake? Everything is okay, they would just have to change the graphics. :D

But I voted yes, I want this remake after day of the tentacle.:p

• probably not possible considering the rights are telltales not Lucas arts

• Duh, of course I voted for yes! What did you think I would do?

• I wouldn't mind a new one with higher resolutions. But, I'd like for it to stay drawn. Hand drawn preferably.

• You made it possible to vote for both of the options on the poll. Just so you know.

Anyway, assuming the legal issues surrounding Hit the Road could be resolved, I think we'd all love a remake (or at least a re-release). I don't think dubbing over everything with Nowlin and Kasten is really necessary, though. Nothing against them, of course (I actually prefer their Sam and Max voices over Farmer and Jameson), but there doesn't seem much of a point when we have perfectly good recordings of the dialogue already. I think it'd just need a graphical update and maybe a hint system.

• Maybe if they made the puzzles simpler and less cryptic. New music would be good too, it's hard to listen to the old music...

I think dubbing over with the telltale voices would actually be really great considering Nowlin and Kasten are the new Sam and Max without a doubt. Not necessary, but it'd make the game more enjoyable for me, personally.

Now all those comments were if I wanted a remake of the game which I honestly don't. Aside from legal issues with Lucas Arts, I'd rather be seeing new things. I'd be much more in favor for a season 4 than a remake of an old Sam and Max cartoon/game/comic ect. Of course, I never like it when the classics are messed with.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: You made it possible to vote for both of the options on the poll. Just so you know.

Anyway, assuming the legal issues surrounding Hit the Road could be resolved, I think we'd all love a remake (or at least a re-release). I don't think dubbing over everything with Nowlin and Kasten is really necessary, though. Nothing against them, of course (I actually prefer their Sam and Max voices over Farmer and Jameson), but there doesn't seem much of a point when we have perfectly good recordings of the dialogue already. I think it'd just need a graphical update and maybe a hint system.

Those are all excellent points,and I too would be satisfied with a re-release.

• @lattsam said: Duh, of course I voted for yes! What did you think I would do?

I want it remade with Nowlin and Kasten, just to watch lattsam complain about it.

• I just voted both. By accident, but then I guess it's just as well as I couldn't decide whether to say yes or no. On one hand, I say no. It's perfect the way it is. I love the graphics, the voices, the animation, the puzzles and all of it. It doesn't really need anything added. With the MI remakes they added voices which was the major charm for me, with this there are already voices. I wouldn't mind some commentary though, but I'm happy with the way the art is. It is a brilliant game and should remain that way. On the other hand, if it was remade, I would happily buy it again and it may draw in new fans which can only be a good thing.

So why is this poll multiple choice anyway?

• @coolguy721 said: probably not possible considering the rights are telltales not Lucas arts

They worked together and made Monkey Island games, so why not Sam & Max too?

Add Comment