User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 199.7K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: Honestly, lately you haven't given me much incentive to do anything of the sort.

reggieshrugsitoff580.jpg

• @puzzlebox said: Dad accidentally called me by the dog's name today. Good to know where I stand in the family.

Real laughter.

• @puzzlebox said: Dad accidentally called me by the dog's name today. Good to know where I stand in the family.

The only thing missing is the 'FML' at the end.

• @DAISHI said: I NEED BTTF EPISODE 5 TO COME OUT SO I CAN PLAY THEM ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!

You want to play it all the way through? I'm still trying to work up the motivation to play through the remaining 90% of Episode 3. I've completed Episodes 1 and 2, and I must say that I've never played a more dull adventure game in my life, unfortunately.

But hey, every man to his own, I guess.

• I'm unsure how I should be feeling. I've had no lessons between 10.30 and 2 (as is usual on a tuesday), So i've just been bumming around college for that time (listening to an audio play and playing on my ipod). I came to the lesson, where I was told that I'd gotten all the criteria on the assignment, so I didn't actually need to come to this lesson. But I have a lesson at 4pm, so I still can't go home. 5.5hrs of doing nothing! Gah.

Oh well, at least there's a java update available.

• @Hayden said: You want to play it all the way through? I'm still trying to work up the motivation to play through the remaining 90% of Episode 3. I've completed Episodes 1 and 2, and I must say that I've never played a more dull adventure game in my life, unfortunately.

But hey, every man to his own, I guess.

I know how you feel, I'm having to force myself to play through them too. I managed to work my way through episodes 1-3 but now I've got 4 sat on my desktop and I'm just not arsed.

• I'm supposed to drop off a paper to my professor today but I can't do so until 6pm. I needed to get a ride from one of parents because my car's in shop. My dad only agreed to drive me if I woke up at 5am this morning so he could drop me off and not be late for work.

I've been at this Starbucks for the past four hours. I think the employees are becoming suspicious.

• @Davies said: I know how you feel, I'm having to force myself to play through them too. I managed to work my way through episodes 1-3 but now I've got 4 sat on my desktop and I'm just not arsed.

Yep, that's basically been me upon the release of each episode. It's not as though the game is too hard to work through (I like games like that). In this case, everything's far too easy, unchallenging and predictable. I'm just going through the motions, solving the easiest 'puzzles' I've ever encountered, with the most stupidly obvious solutions I've ever come across (must everything be spelled out to me?). So, that automatically makes the puzzle solving (the thing that adventure games are centered around) completely unrewarding. I mean, I could always just play the game for the sake of enjoying the character dialogue and Marty's commentary, but neither of those are entertaining in the slightest. There is seriously nothing that makes me want to play these games; they're just... flavourless.

• At least you guys made it through multiple eps... I played the first, downloaded the second (never installed it), and promptly said "nope.avi".

I feel terrible about it, as Telltale were clearly excited about BTTF, and Christopher effin' Lloyd is in it, but it's just not good. I know I shouldn't judge it on one episode, but when people say Get Tannen is just as dull, I have a very hard time motivating myself to play it.

Someday, when I do get around to it, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

• When will PSN get back up! I need my free DLC.

This discussion has been closed.