User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 96.2K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ShaggE said: At least you guys made it through multiple eps... I played the first, downloaded the second (never installed it), and promptly said "nope.avi".

I feel terrible about it, as Telltale were clearly excited about BTTF, and Christopher effin' Lloyd is in it, but it's just not good. I know I shouldn't judge it on one episode, but when people say Get Tannen is just as dull, I have a very hard time motivating myself to play it.

Someday, when I do get around to it, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

In fairness, episode 3 was an improvement on the first two but I'd still say that it's a very mediocre game. Dreamfall was equally lame when it came to none-puzzles, if not worse but that game had a wonderful story and dialogue, which kept me involved until the end. Back to the Future; not so much.

Of course, it's not that the story and dialogue is bad per say but it's also nothing exceptional either and therefore it feels more like your playing Back to the Future: The Cartoon: The Game, as opposed to Back to the Future IV. Some of the more outlandish and silly concepts, such as the rocket powered drill do nothing to help lose this feeling.

Having said that, the voice acting from Lloyd as Doc and LoCascio as Marty is superb, Kid Beyond as Biff is pretty bad though but the others are acceptable enough. The problem is I don't spend my time watching the BttF cartoons so I don't enjoy playing what feels like one either. The creative talent was there to give us the equivalent of a 4th movie but I feel that it wasn't to be.

Who knows though, maybe the last two episodes are fantastic, I guess I'll find out some rainy Sunday afternoon.

P.S. Sorry for posting my mini-review review here but I'm not particularly keen on posting it under the BttF section for fear of being lynched by rabid BttF fanboys. Besides, it's what was on my mind.

• Why can't I stop playing Civilization? I stand little to no chance of winning, my people hate me, and now all my neighbouring countries have nukes, So I can't bully them too much. Just... one... more... turn!

• they made a game where a whole country can dislike you? I'm not sure my delicate ego could withstand that.

• @doodinthemood said: they made a game where a whole country can dislike you? I'm not sure my delicate ego could withstand that.

I think they didn't like the fact that got bored and ordered my musketmen to burn a few of my fields down. And they didn't like the fact I crushed their rebellion. Meh, they're all puny peasants anyway. BOW BEFORE MY ALMIGHTY NUKE. Wait, what do you mean arabia has sent a rocket to the moon?

I've just discovered the joys of using the steam browser in-game. Fun.

• @Hayden said: You want to play it all the way through? I'm still trying to work up the motivation to play through the remaining 90% of Episode 3. I've completed Episodes 1 and 2, and I must say that I've never played a more dull adventure game in my life, unfortunately.

But hey, every man to his own, I guess.

Fortunately Ill be playing for the story, which most people have said is good.

• @DAISHI said: Fortunately Ill be playing for the story, which most people have said is good.

That's what I always do, and it hasn't let me down so far.

• @DAISHI said: Fortunately Ill be playing for the story, which most people have said is good.

Yeah the story is good. Gameplay is terrible.

• Well, I'll judge that for myself when I get to it.

• Double Visions is actually a lot better then the previous three BTTF episodes. Although that is admittedly not saying a whole lot.

• well the next one's not going to be all that great. The fourth episode is always better

This discussion has been closed.