User Avatar Image

Turn subtitles on/off in game/cutscenes?

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

I tried the game, but there are no subtitles during the cinematics.
Because the game is english only and very difficult for anyone not mothertongue (like me) due to the slang used.

I know that BINK video format can have subtitles: there is a way to activate them?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Woodsyblue said: I'm sorry but this logic is insane. You are saying Telltale shouldn't publish a game they didn't make because their forum only covers Telltale games. I don't even know where to begin with that?



    No, I am saying that a forum without anbswers is pontless! What good is support If there isn't any? This is the first game where Telltale doesn't post anything to help people with their game and this just sucks. I have expected much better service from Telltale which I have received in past times for games they HAD developed. So I'd rather not have a game without support at all than having a game which doesn't work for me without nobody to help me with.

  • @Woodsyblue said: You know what, I don't have the patience at this moment in time to point out how wrong that is so I'm just going to agree with you because it's easier. How dare Telltale give a little indie developer the chance to reach a wider audience! They should have known there would be bugs, and that people couldn't use their forums as an avenue to complain about those bugs! I'm so angry right now I'm going to go punch a kitten in the face, and it's Telltale's fault because they allowed it to happen! TELLTALE, YOU MONSTERS!!!



    I think you are forgetting that there is some money in the game - money paid by the customer - so you should have somebody to help you or at least answers your questions. If Telltale can't do this I won't mind If the developer answers but here's NOTHING - ZERO - NADA - and for that, yes, I am angry!

    And I don't have the patience to even comment one single word of your sarcasm! You have no prepblem throwing money out of your window? Go ahead but don't criticize people who want service for their hard earned money and not just silence.

  • @thom-22 said: ...But I took that statement to mean that "Telltale shouldn't publish games it isn't willing to take responsibility for", and that is a perfectly legitimate thing to say.



    And that is ecactly what I meant. All I want is an answer and I get none. If Telltale would say that they can't do anything - there's an answer. If they'd say it was too expensive - there's an answer. What I hate is the silence - there are many complaints and as far as I could see no answer from Telltale OR the developer.

  • @OMA said: Well, as far as I know, Telltale DID develop the PC version of Hector, using the audio and graphic assets from the iPhone game, which was developed by Straandlooper, sure, but the PC version is a port made by Telltale in the Telltale tool, so if it doesn't have any settings for subtitles (so there's no subtitles in videos and forced subtitles in the game) it's their fault.

    Please, stop the sarcasm. I think this is a valid complaint. Maybe one could argue that creating subtitles for the videos is extra work (though I think they should have added them anyway for consistency and quality, not to mention helping non-native English speakers and even hard-of-hearing people), but adding a "subtitles on/off" option for the rest of the game so subtitles can be disabled for people who don't want them should be trivial. There's no reason not to include it.



    I'm sorry but I don't think "Telltale shouldn't have produced this game because their forums aren't a valid avenue for complaining about it" is a legitimate complaint. In fact I don't think it even makes sense. And to my knowledge Telltale didn't help develop the game, they only helped port it to their engine. If the original iPhone game didn't have subtitle choices and the port doesn't I still maintain that that is Straandlooper's fault, not Telltale's. And being Straandlooper's fault I don't think Telltale "shouldn't release stuff which they don't develop because where is the point in having a forum in which you cannot reach the people responsible?" I mean what does not being able to complain about bugs on this forum have anything to do Telltale publishing or not publishing other dev's work?

    Edit
    @OMA said: I understand the sarcastic response to the statement that Telltale shouldn't publish games it doesn't develop. But I took that statement to mean that "Telltale shouldn't publish games it isn't willing to take responsibility for", and that is a perfectly legitimate thing to say.

    That's a fair call, and I agree. I think my problem was how the how the complaint was written. I just looked at the words as they were written without trying to figure out what he actually meant to say.

  • @Woodsyblue said: I'm sorry but I don't think "Telltale shouldn't have produced this game because their forums aren't a valid avenue for complaining about it" is a legitimate complaint. In fact I don't think it even makes sense. And to my knowledge Telltale didn't help develop the game, they only helped port it to their engine. If the original iPhone game didn't have subtitle choices and the port doesn't I still maintain that that is Straandlooper's fault, not Telltale's. And being Straandlooper's fault I don't think Telltale "shouldn't release stuff which they don't develop because where is the point in having a forum in which you cannot reach the people responsible?" I mean what does not being able to complain about bugs on this forum have anything to do Telltale publishing or not publishing other dev's work?



    You still don't understand me. My problem is not that Telltale has published the game - my problem is that the customer pays for it and has NO - NADA- ZERO support which makes this forum kind of useless. They can publish what they want but they should not do as if they care for the customer with this forum. To make it easy: THEY SHOULD ANSWER THE QUESTIONS! This is all that I'm asking for and if they have developed it or not - I don't care. They could at least answer "Sorry, we can't help you" but there is absoluteley nothing. No reply and no explanation - except from you and I think you're not from telltale so this doesn't count for me as "support".

  • @Woodsyblue said:
    That's a fair call, and I agree. I think my problem was how the how the complaint was written. I just looked at the words as they were written without trying to figure out what he actually meant to say.



    Sorry - i am from germany and english isn't my mother tongue. I try my very best to make it clear what i mean but to write this in english is not so easy for me and so there is of course the possibility of a misunderstanding.

  • I've been waiting a lot since I bought the game, hoping that we could get those subtitles, but I suppose once you've got our money, don't care about us... I've bought all your games, and I understood that you were still too little to make worldwide localisations (or even subtitles......) but AT LEAST we had the english subtitles. But with this game, you have completely ignored all your international customers. I'm really really disappointed with you this time. I miss the old times...

  • Ok, here's a "me, too" post. I'd like to get subtitles for the cut scenes as well ... puleeze!

    Cheers,
    Wahnfried

  • Hello, everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I've passed a request up the ladder to have the option to display dialog subtitles during cutscenes included in episodes 2 & 3 of Hector. :)

  • @TTG - Caleb said: Hello, everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I've passed a request up the ladder to have the option to display dialog subtitles during cutscenes included in episodes 2 & 3 of Hector. :)



    Good job there buddy!!!!!!!

    33kg2ok.gif

    And if you want you can you sneak in the idea of multilanguage too, I will not get angry! :D

Add Comment