User Avatar Image

TELLTALE try to buy the unfinished Sam&Max from Lucasarts again!!!

posted by tester8 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Hi!

Having just read the history of the Lucasarts S&M sequel (again) and the fact that it was 2/3 or EVEN 3/4 finished, why dont you (telltale) try to negotiate buying the source again?

1) come on, this was almost finished! What a waste, sitting all those years on some lonely server at LEC. Plus, it's possibly cheaper than making a new game?

2) You guys made tons of money since then. (I heard back to the future sells really well)

3) if you support the cause, please reply!!!!!!!

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Have you looked at some of the clips from it on youtube? One character is suspiciously similar to Sybil. I don't know much about it, but my guess is a lot of the ideas carried over. It also probably had very lousy graphics, animation, and programming, by todays standards.

I read about all of what happened too recently, and it was v upsetting/annoying, but I've decided to let it die. What we got instead was pretty awesome, so look at it that way ;)

• Also that Sam & Max in space idea they had was far better, I wish they'd finish that instead.

• nope, from what i have read the seasons of telltale have almost nothing to do with the "hit the road" sequel.

I have looked at some videos. I think it looks good, actually better than season 1 and 2. (the production value was much higher and it shows)

• Since the 25th anniversary of Sam and Max is coming up, I say go for it!

• It'll never happen.
    Sorry to rain on people's parade, but think about this. The game is most likely gone completely when they lost the rights to Sam and Max.

• Even if the source does still exist, and even if LEC was willing to sell/license the content they own, TTG isn't going to want to pay LucasArts for the plot/assets of an old game rather than just making a brand new one for less money and not having to involve LEC.

• @Shyguy said: It'll never happen.
    Sorry to rain on people's parade, but think about this. The game is most likely gone completely when they lost the rights to Sam and Max.

Is that so? Well, I heard a rumor that someone at Telltale possesses a copy of the source code.

• @lattsam said: Is that so? Well, I heard a rumor that someone at Telltale possesses a copy of the source code.

Even if that's correct, again, most of the materials planned to be used in that game got carried over and used in other games.

• @lattsam said: Is that so? Well, I heard a rumor that someone at Telltale possesses a copy of the source code.

You probably heard that rumor from yourself in one of your delusional rants over the course of the past 8 years.

• @SHODANFreeman said: You probably heard that rumor from yourself in one of your delusional rants over the course of the past 8 years.

That would be an improvement. I thought all such rants basically only consisted of "Save the VAs, save the World".

This discussion has been closed.