User Avatar Image

The Incredible Puzzle Thread

posted by Klatuu on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Hi,

This is a thread to discuss some of your other favorite puzzles, riddles, brain teasers, armchair treasure hunts, etc.

To get started, here's an online puzzle hunt I've participated in before: Puzzlecrack. It's a week-long competition with clues given through the web page. Past competitions (and solutions) are still there for you to figure out.

Another similar one is Microsoft's College Puzzle Challenge.

Any other favorites?

-Klatuu

598 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • RingmasterJ5: Yep, he was stealing wheelbarrows.

  • Okay, I think it's about Dang Time I resurrected this thread.

    A man makes a bet with his blind friend. He says that he is going to give the blind man a glass with ice cubes in it. The bet is that the other man will leave the room and will try to sneak back into the room to fill his glass with ginger ale. If the blind man hears the slightest noise inside the room, he will send the other man back out into the hall. If the blind man can hold off his friend for an hour, then he will win the bet. If his friend can slip the blind man the ginger ale, he will win.

    An hour passes and the clock strikes an hour. the blind man raises his glass and is surprised to find that after an hour of hearing nothing, his glass is somehow filled with ginger ale. His friend tells him to pay up, but the blind man refuses. "I know you cheated, and I know how," said the blind man.

    How did the friend cheat?

  • A group of policeman found a hanged on a tree. He was dead. there was a poodle of water underneath him. How did the man hang himself if the branch on witch he was tied to was 4 meters from the ground?

  • @seson3churious said: A group of policeman found a hanged on a tree. He was dead. there was a poodle of water underneath him. How did the man hang himself if the branch on witch he was tied to was 4 meters from the ground?



    The poodle killed him and then made it look like he hanged himself.

  • @seson3churious said: A group of policeman found a hanged on a tree. He was dead. there was a poodle of water underneath him. How did the man hang himself if the branch on witch he was tied to was 4 meters from the ground?



    He climbed up the tree, tied the rope around his neck and dropped from the branch.

    Grim. :/

  • @StrongBrush1 said: He climbed up the tree, tied the rope around his neck and dropped from the branch.

    Grim. :/



    It was to high, so he must have been standing on something, but there was nothing there except the poodle of water. Think it trough...

  • @seson3churious said: It was to high, so he must have been standing on something, but there was nothing there except the poodle of water. Think it trough...



    He got a giant block of ice and stood on it until it melted?

  • @StrongBrush1 said: Okay, I think it's about Dang Time I resurrected this thread.

    A man makes a bet with his blind friend. He says that he is going to give the blind man a glass with ice cubes in it. The bet is that the other man will leave the room and will try to sneak back into the room to fill his glass with ginger ale. If the blind man hears the slightest noise inside the room, he will send the other man back out into the hall. If the blind man can hold off his friend for an hour, then he will win the bet. If his friend can slip the blind man the ginger ale, he will win.

    An hour passes and the clock strikes an hour. the blind man raises his glass and is surprised to find that after an hour of hearing nothing, his glass is somehow filled with ginger ale. His friend tells him to pay up, but the blind man refuses. "I know you cheated, and I know how," said the blind man.

    How did the friend cheat?



    No one answered this yet? It's pretty obvious:

    The ice cubes were made of ginger ale

  • @bamse said: No one answered this yet? It's pretty obvious:

    The ice cubes were made of ginger ale



    Yep. That's it.

  • MIT Puzzle Hunt 2011 (Video-game-themed).

    Past MIT hunts can be found here.

Add Comment