User Avatar Image

Dress Like Hector and Win

posted by Alan Johnson on - last edited - Viewed by 787 users

As Hector would say, "listen up you coachpokers"! Do you aspire to become a slovenly, crass, yet somehow incredibly skilled officer of the law? Do you have the fashion sense of...ah, better yet, do you lack any fashion sense? Does your interior decorating resemble that of a derelict tenement? Also, are you creative? Well then, this contest is for you.

hectortheimage3.jpg

From now until 2:00 pm (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, May 11, get your most unkempt yet "professional-ish" outfit together (use Hector's garb in the photo above as inspiration if you like) and take a photo of yourself (or have a friend take it, that would be more ideal) in a setting suitable for a dirty detective (ie. a messy office, a boarded up building) and post it in the contest thread (in the Telltale Games Forum) (which you are already in). Once the entry period has ended (2:00 pm Pacific Time on 5/11/2011) I'll create a poll in this thread that includes all entrants and the contest voting period will begin, ending at 2:00 pm Pacific Time on Monday, May 16 - so get your votes in on time. At that time, the three entrants with the most votes will win. I'll announce them here and post the winning entries on the Telltale Games Blog later that day. (If you don't want me to post yours, I won't.)

You're probably wondering what you can win, am I right? Here's what:

A copy of Hector: Episode 1 - We Negotiate With Terrorists for PC/Mac (giftable)
A copy of Poker Night at the Inventory for PC/Mac (giftable)

There's no prize for being first so please take your time on your contest entry (one entry per person); you have plenty of time to sully up some clothes and find a fine location for your shoot. Get creative, use some lighting that matches the look of the game, re-create a scene from the game, go wild! What are you waiting for, get to work on your entry! Good luck!

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Silverwolfpet said: Allow me to break the ice:

FBI.jpg

Oh and that's a match between my teeth
    Because Detective Brock doesn't believe in "filling your lungs with smoke and mirrors"
    Det. Brock, "Words of Wisdom" - Vol II.

you should exclude mr wolfpet from these competitions. he is just to good

• I think one of the reasons people seem to be hesitant to make an effort is Telltale's request for appropriate settings. We can't all break into or hire a dingy office, and breaking into abandoned buildings carries the risk of getting arrested at best and being murdered by a homeless person at worst. We don't all have a police badge, a jar of police funds and a hobo-whacking crowbar.

• @BiggerJ said: I think one of the reasons people seem to be hesitant to make an effort is Telltale's request for appropriate settings. We can't all break into or hire a dingy office, and breaking into abandoned buildings carries the risk of getting arrested at best and being murdered by a homeless person at worst. We don't all have a police badge, a jar of police funds and a hobo-whacking crowbar.

Hahaha keep what you're doing legal. But also, a good looking photoshop of your own desk area but with a cool setting in the background, totally works. I'm asking for creativity here (I know the Telltale community is very creative). It doesn't have to be some groundbreaking new piece but have some fun with it.

• Some of us are out in the field working, Live from the crime scene...

hecter2copy.jpg

• Awesome!! Is that a cigar or a lollipop? :D

• Thanks dude.

Was meant to be a cigarette for full noir effect but... I don't smoke and forgot to steal one off my brother when I saw him, so is in fact a double size lolly... about to lit from a zippo, forgetful but dedicated to an idear

• Grrr. Another photo contest, and me without a camera. And here I have to break my internet anonymity by showing my ugly mug on the forums. But, oh well. Would you accept older pictures? Here are some stills from an old film project I worked on.

Serious detective is serious:
    [ATTACH]2549[/ATTACH]

Interrogation:
    [ATTACH]2547[/ATTACH]

Standing & talking:
    [ATTACH]2546[/ATTACH]

Later, palookas.
    [ATTACH]2548[/ATTACH]

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

does it have to be hector, because i suck at hector and still want to enter

• nobody has done Hector justice yet. seems to be just a bunch of old pictures taken from other occasions that are detective related.

• @seibert999 said: does it have to be hector, because i suck at hector and still want to enter

Nope! You can dress like him, or inspired by him.
    The subject is "Dirty Detective" and you can play around that idea however you want.
    You don't have to imitate a character, just imitate a style. Or create your own :p

This discussion has been closed.