User Avatar Image

Why didn´t Telltale Games consider to release JP:TG on Wii?

posted by TheHandyking on - last edited - Viewed by 278 users

It was very depressing for me, when i found out that Telltale didn´t consider to release JP: The Game on Wii. :(

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • wii sucks for good games based on things like Jurassic Park

• @RexMaster said: wii sucks for good games based on things like Jurassic Park

I highly disagree. The Wii has an abundance of really good games. The problem is that a bunch of 3rd parties that don't really care about making good games just keep releasing an overabundance of second rate Wii sports clones.

HOWEVER! The graphics style of Jurassic Park looks a bit out of reach for the Wii. Nintendo's next console, maybe, but not the Wii. Back to the Future would've been a better fit for the Wii.

• @Shadowknight1 said: The Wii has an abundance of really good games. .

Oh really? Like what? Those sports games dont count and any other kind of game (except the Indiana Jones game which was great) sucks with the Wii controls....

• @RexMaster said: Oh really? Like what? Those sports games dont count and any other kind of game (except the Indiana Jones game which was great) sucks with the Wii controls....

Really? I'd say the fact that Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and the Legend of Zelda Twilight princess have done very well for themselves to prove that there are good games. And from third parties, I highly recommend the No More Heroes games...unless you have an aversion to violence. And if you're into RPGs, I'd give Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World a look. I'm not denying that there are some bad games on the Wii. Pretty much every Sonic game released for the console prior to Sonic Colors was a trainwreck, and ports of games like Ghostbusters and The Force Unleashed were terrible. Not to mention that Arc Rise Fantasia, an RPG that looked extraordinarily promising, was absolutely RUINED by the English voice localization.

What really saddens me is that it's becoming very apparent that there are some top quality games coming out for the Wii, but have yet to be confirmed for localization outside of Japan, such as The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

• @RexMaster said: wii sucks for good games based on things like Jurassic Park

You can´t say a console sucks if you haven´t any argument about it. The Wii has been sold over 86 Million times. (PS3 50 Million, Xbox360 52 Million)

Besides Wii has one of the best franchises: Super Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong........

And what has Xbox and Playstation. Almost every game on their platform is a ego shooter.

So you might get used to it that the wii doesnt suck

• @Shadowknight1 said: I highly disagree. The Wii has an abundance of really good games. The problem is that a bunch of 3rd parties that don't really care about making good games just keep releasing an overabundance of second rate Wii sports clones.

HOWEVER! The graphics style of Jurassic Park looks a bit out of reach for the Wii. Nintendo's next console, maybe, but not the Wii. Back to the Future would've been a better fit for the Wii.

Yeah but i think JP would´ve worked also. The wii could handle it :)

• @TheHandyking said: You can´t say a console sucks if you haven´t any argument about it. The Wii has been sold over 86 Million times. (PS3 50 Million, Xbox360 52 Million)

Besides Wii has one of the best franchises: Super Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong........

And what has Xbox and Playstation. Almost every game on their platform is a ego shooter.

So you might get used to it that the wii doesnt suck

I like how you first say people shouldn't judge the Wii without giving any arguments, and then basically do the same for PS3 and 360.

I'd rather not get myself mixed up in this discussion too much, but I will say this: I own a Wii with 16 very enjoyable games for it, including two shooters (Red Steel and Red Steel 2). I also own a PS3 with 28 games for it, of which only one can be classified as a shooter (Unreal Tournament 3). Yes, the PS3 and Xbox 360 have more shooters, but I don't see how that a bad thing.

• They did consider it, and chose against it.

• @Maikel Steneker said: I like how you first say people shouldn't judge the Wii without giving any arguments, and then basically do the same for PS3 and 360.

I'd rather not get myself mixed up in this discussion too much, but I will say this: I own a Wii with 16 very enjoyable games for it, including two shooters (Red Steel and Red Steel 2). I also own a PS3 with 28 games for it, of which only one can be classified as a shooter (Unreal Tournament 3). Yes, the PS3 and Xbox 360 have more shooters, but I don't see how that a bad thing.

Yeah you´re right i didn´t gave any arguments about PS3 and Xbox :D

I own a Wii and a xbox 360 and i like them equally. You are right that both PS3 and Xbox don´t have just shooters. But i say 50% could be classified as a shooter on those two. I just hate it when people say that nintendo sucks. Nintendo was a gaming company 10 years before ps or xbox was invented.

• Has Telltale ever specifically said it won't come to the Wii? :p

Anyway, the thing is that the Wii is...very different from the PS3 and 360. It doesn't have the same graphical or technical capabilities, and it's dependent on motion-control.

Now, Telltale's games aren't very demanding in both the graphics and gameplay department (and, for all the problems the WiiWare version of Tales had, it did control well), but simply because the game isn't being developed with the Wii in mind it'd end up a shoddy port. Also, Telltale's past experiences with the Wii haven't been so great (Where's Puzzle Agent again?). Granted, most of those were on WiiWare, but even the disc releases of the first two Sam and Max seasons on Wii had their problems.

Add Comment