User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 81.7K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

370 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sharaz Destler (don't ask).[/QUOTE]

Why is your name sharaz destler?

• I just signed up for an account to actually reach out about my job application. Perhaps making a small splash here would help to get myself noticed.

I draw a lot, mostly sketching and posing, I probably play too much TF2 (junior level admin in a TF2 community), take enjoyment in many types of music from rock, post-rock, to drum and bass, electronic, and jazz. I am also from the mid-west and I am easy to get along with.

Looking forward to meet some new people.

• Hi there. I'm a 20-year-old art education student from the city of Chicago—and yes, the actual city part. Around the age of 5 I started playing Humongous Entertainment games, along with some others, like The Neverhood and King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride. Eventually I got into the Nancy Drew series (hardcore), Syberia, and so forth. I've been recently trying to rekindle my love for adventure games, so I'm setting aside some money for that this summer. It should be fun.

• Sup!
    My name is FlexiGamer123. I have known videogames and computers for as long as I remember. I'm a big fan of Back to the Future!

• Hi my name is tomato face and i am new to these forums.

• After suddenly showing up and participating in the Hector contest (cheers to all of you who voted), might as well introduce myself properly.

Im TheChosen, 20-something year old lad from Finland. If name rings any bells, then you might have been on Abandonia, where I was a regular and on-off staff member. Or maybe you've ran into me around Two Fort in Team Fortress 2.

Been playing video games since I was 3 and adventure games since I was 11 (starting with Kyrandia 3, Star Trek 25th Anniversary, Riddle of Master Lu and Space Quest). I enjoy many types of games and tend to concentrate on the good aspects rather than sit down and complain about everything. Im nostalgic, but I dont go "They dont make games like they used to". Top favorite games include Fallout 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Final Fantasy 7, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Duke Nukem 3D, Bionic Commando, Pokemon Blue, Sam & Max Save the World, Team Fortress 2 and hundreds of others.

Other interests include acting (been done that for 10 years), television, old 80's series, movies (action and comedy mostly), comics (anything good), classic literature, roleplaying games and little bit of manga and anime too. In other words, I tend to enjoy lot of different entertaiment mediums.

• Hi, I'm Nikita and just a newbie to the gaming world. My former experience with games was simple flash and some 3d games which may count to 4-5. So I'm going to take a big leap now, as I have been gifted a Nintendo recently by my brother. So I hope to get some useful tips from all of you here.

• Hi there~~
    kakashy from china~~love u gays~~
    i love telltale games~~heehee~~

• @kakashy said: Hi there~~
    kakashy from china~~love u gays~~
    i love telltale games~~heehee~~

Alright, who wants to field that one?

Add Comment