User Avatar Image

Dress Like Hector and Win

posted by Alan Johnson on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

As Hector would say, "listen up you coachpokers"! Do you aspire to become a slovenly, crass, yet somehow incredibly skilled officer of the law? Do you have the fashion sense of...ah, better yet, do you lack any fashion sense? Does your interior decorating resemble that of a derelict tenement? Also, are you creative? Well then, this contest is for you.

hectortheimage3.jpg

From now until 2:00 pm (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, May 11, get your most unkempt yet "professional-ish" outfit together (use Hector's garb in the photo above as inspiration if you like) and take a photo of yourself (or have a friend take it, that would be more ideal) in a setting suitable for a dirty detective (ie. a messy office, a boarded up building) and post it in the contest thread (in the Telltale Games Forum) (which you are already in). Once the entry period has ended (2:00 pm Pacific Time on 5/11/2011) I'll create a poll in this thread that includes all entrants and the contest voting period will begin, ending at 2:00 pm Pacific Time on Monday, May 16 - so get your votes in on time. At that time, the three entrants with the most votes will win. I'll announce them here and post the winning entries on the Telltale Games Blog later that day. (If you don't want me to post yours, I won't.)

You're probably wondering what you can win, am I right? Here's what:

A copy of Hector: Episode 1 - We Negotiate With Terrorists for PC/Mac (giftable)
A copy of Poker Night at the Inventory for PC/Mac (giftable)

There's no prize for being first so please take your time on your contest entry (one entry per person); you have plenty of time to sully up some clothes and find a fine location for your shoot. Get creative, use some lighting that matches the look of the game, re-create a scene from the game, go wild! What are you waiting for, get to work on your entry! Good luck!

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Finally I have a semi-worthy entry. You can't tell from the shot but I slept in that shirt all night (which I found uncomfortable because I usually sleep naked) and haven't shaved for a couple of days. The mattress is too springy so just put the condom next to me. Sorry no prison cell decor.

Hectorcompetition.jpg

• Seeing some fun entries so far! tbm1986, yours literally made me laugh out loud.

• Wrinkled shirt? Check
    Tasteless tie? Check
    Pic taken in a small dingy toilet? Check

DetectivepicforHectorcompetition.png

• I took several pictures (with the help of my sister and her crime scene tape) and I thought this one was the best. I can upload more but I believe the rule is one per person.
    DSCI0307.jpg
    Hope it finds favour amongst you. Good luck to everyone else too!

• I have a vision for an entry but time will tell if it'll make it here... :/

• The "atmospheres" caught in tbm1986's pic and TheChosen's pic are really cool! Details and...ahem...clothing choices are really good!

Jo Jo Sef's facial expression is priceless. Haha! He could easily "sneak" into a CSI episode.
    Well done guys! Keep them coming!

No attempt from a girl yet? :( awww

• Aaaaand the contest entry period is over! The poll is created.

Vote for your favorite entry(ies) in the poll and the top three entrants win a free copy of Hector. You can vote for more than one entry! Good luck all!

• Voted for SWP and The Chosen, because:

1) I love the concept of Female Body Inspector
    2) The Chosen actually risked catching multiple STIs for this comp
    3) it's against my principles to vote for myself

I'll still be gutted if I lose by 2 votes. As Hector would say: get voting, you tossers! :P

• I voted for myself. Eight times.

...:p kidding.

I voted for tbm1986 (can I call you Bob? your username is so... number-y!) because he just went all the way with the picture. It takes guts. (sort of).
    I also voted for TheChosen. Once, I filmed one of my characters sitting on the toilet and screaming. Sometimes I wonder if my Oscar Award may be affected by that someday... and so will you. :p
    Aaand, of course, Jo Jo Sef. One does not need a costume to make a pic look good, and he seems to know that.

The other contestants were good too! I just saw more time/effort invested into these three pics.

This discussion has been closed.