User Avatar Image

Poirot Revival Thread

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

I herd rumors about Poirot being canceled before the last 6 books could be adapted so I emailed ITV asking and got this reply.

@ITV said: Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your email regarding ‘Poirot’. We have a new film yet to be broadcast The Clocks which was produced last year and ITV is in active discussions about doing more. Scripts are currently being developed but we are not currently in a position to announce new commissions. We are delighted with how well both Poirot and Marple are received by the ITV1 audience. I do hope you will continue to watch and enjoy many of our programmes.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards
Julia
ITV VIEWER

She didn't answer my question but she didn't say yes its axed and saying developing on new scripts seems like a good sign!

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: Still, imagine the uproar if they didn't. Only six to go, and they just gave up? That'd be so depressing. Old women with nothing better to watch tutting with disappointment. Is that what you want, ITV? Is it?

article-1041664-0360C9C20000044D-241_468

• @coolsome said: I have my doubts about the Big Four being filmed. XD

OMG! That's the one book that I want to be filmed the most... I just REALLY need to see poirot as agent 007 fighting to save the world from the threat of some chinese dude ^_^

• @dumpling321 said: OMG! That's the one book that I want to be filmed the most... I just REALLY need to see poirot as agent 007 fighting to save the world from the threat of some chinese dude ^_^

I have never in my life suspended more disbelief then when I read that! and I'm a Easterners and Wrestling fan!!

• @coolsome said: I have never in my life suspended more disbelief then when I read that! and I'm a Easterners and Wrestling fan!!

hehe... it WAS an interesting read though ^_^

• Good to know they are still going... Curtain is the one I will not be able to bring myself to watch... I haven't read it either.

• @dumpling321 said: hehe... it WAS an interesting read though ^_^

Yh I did quite like it. Its just so complty diffrent from what I was expecting or what Poirot is.

• I've not been a fan of the Suchet Poirots over the last few years... they've had to hack away at the stories so much to fit the time slots and available cast the result has been pretty awful. But I think "The Big Four" really could work, so long as they don't meddle with the unusual concept (Poirot versus proto-Bondian supervillains). The one there's no hope for is "The Labours of Hercules", which they should've done when they did the rest of the short stories

(John Moffat on BBC Radio is superb, though, and being radio there is the avaialble scope to do the stories justice. They've even poached ITV's Inspector Japp!)

• On a related note -

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/news-extra/article/142190/inspector-morse-to-return-to-itv-next-year.html

I remember the story they are adapting, it was quite good - Dexter had kind of set it up for a new series of stories, but nothing else seems to have developed (there was also a story about Lewis hearkening back to Morse's days in "The Verdict of Us All", an anthology celebrating HRF Keating)

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Yes, I remember reading the story. Seems interesting, but much like the Only Fools and Horses prequels, they need the right actor to play the part. Not too worried about the script since they've got Colin on board, but if you don't convince us it's a young Morse, you fail.

I really need to get back into Morse, I was about 3/5ths through it when I got distracted by something else. And then there's Lewis... Aye aye aye...

• @FitzoliverJ said: The one there's no hope for is "The Labours of Hercules", which they should've done when they did the rest of the short stories

I wonder if they can get away with fimling just one of she shorts and saying it counts as one of the 6 remaning storys. And If anyone in ITV is reading this and are worring about making 12 stories being a budget issue then do what I saidXD

Add Comment