User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 193.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Pants has 175 posts currently, I think thing should be left as they are :)

@dood bah humbug, i'll just emulate on PC, all my Playstations died deaths over the years unfortunately

• @Davies said: Ohhhhh, get Mr. Judgemental over here. Acting all judgemental and all that.

borat_narrowweb__300x400,0.jpgI like Dashing, he King of the Castle but he not like me. I sad

Apparently it takes one to know one. What would this forum be without everyone being snarky faux-intellectual judgmental jerks to each other?

Enjoyable.

For once!

• @Jake said: Apparently it takes one to know one. What would this forum be without everyone being snarky faux-intellectual judgmental jerks to each other?

Enjoyable.

For once!

How very true, I may weep openly.

• I used to be afraid that my problems were too stupid to bring up to other people, especially when I got drunk. It's not true, your problems are important to you ,and they change, influence your future. All your problems should be taken seriously, Davies.

No one will judge you, no matter what the problem is. I know getting drunk makes you feel fun, free, but it's not the answer to your problems. If there is a solution to your problems, no matter how difficult they appear to over come, Davies, drinking won't solve those problems, talking about them just might.

It's ok, Davies. We understand, life isn't all easy, but you're heading down a path that got me into lots of trouble and if you take that path it's your choice, but as a friend I want you to at least consider what I'm saying to you.

I accept you for who ever you choose to be, must be, Davies, but I hope that you can make the best choices for yourself when you can, and choose the right path in life when possible. I won't judge you, but if there's a problem Davies, please PM some one. Maybe , if you have problems, they are leading you to drink. And maybe, there's something we can do about your problems.

Drinking is a choice, but it won't make your problems go away.

• @Jake said: Apparently it takes one to know one. What would this forum be without everyone being snarky faux-intellectual judgmental jerks to each other?

Enjoyable.

For once!

seor-chang-photo.png

"Damn! Developer snap!"

• Personally, I prefer to think of myself as an actual intellectual who also happens to be a snarky, judgemental jerk. It's true, I can insult you in Latin, which is high brow insulting.

• @doodo! said: I used to be afraid that my problems were too stupid to bring up to other people, especially when I got drunk. It's not true, your problems are important to you ,and they change, influence your future. All your problems should be taken seriously, Davies.

No one will judge you, no matter what the problem is. I know getting drunk makes you feel fun, free, but it's not the answer to your problems. If there is a solution to your problems, no matter how difficult they appear to over come, Davies, drinking won't solve those problems, talking about them just might.

It's ok, Davies. We understand, life isn't all easy, but you're heading down a path that got me into lots of trouble and if you take that path it's your choice, but as a friend I want you to at least consider what I'm saying to you.

I accept you for who ever you choose to be, must be, Davies, but I hope that you can make the best choices for yourself when you can, and choose the right path in life when possible. I won't judge you, but if there's a problem Davies, please PM some one. Maybe , if you have problems, they are leading you to drink. And maybe, there's something we can do about your problems.

I might well PM you soon Doodo! and I appreciate the kind words. I'm also considering leaving this forum and finding a new home to roost in. I'm getting tired of defending my actions against humourless people. I'm an intelligent, funny guy and if that's not appreciated then I'll go elsewhere. Also, before any claims are made that I'm big headed for saying such a thing; that's probably the first self complementary thing I've said in years.

There are people who "get" me and understand my admittedly warped sense of humour but unfortunately this forum is increasingly getting filled with the mainstream crowd, which I'm very proudly not a member of.

We'll see how it goes. Let's put it this way; if any mods feel like banning me then go for it. You'd probably be doing me a favour at this point.

• Post counts should be leveling out again now. Sorry for the forum accidentally murdering everything.

@ShaggE said: "Damn! Developer snap!"

I'm hardly immune to my own criticism. I don't deny that I cross the line sometimes. That said, I've never thought the forums should feel "entirely safe," as in "sanitized," but they should also not be an intimidating wasteland of people pointing fingers and yelling at each other under the banner of openness and allowed behavior.

I like it a lot when people have different opinions and discuss them. I don't like it when people start treating their opinions or perceived stature as things of physical mass, which they then try and use to suffocate someone else.

Also yelling. That's dumb, too.

Forums!

• @Davies said: I might well PM you soon Doodo! and I appreciate the kind words. I'm also considering leaving this forum and finding a new home to roost in. I'm getting tired of defending my actions from humourless people. I'm an intelligent, funny guy and if that's not appreciated then I'll go elsewhere. Also, before any claims are made that I'm big headed for saying such a thing; that's probably the first self complementary thing I've said in years.

There are people who "get" me and understand my admittedly warped sense of humour but unfortunately this forum is increasingly getting filled with the mainstream crowd, which I'm very proudly not a member of.

We'll see how it goes. Let's put it this way; if any mods feel like banning me then go for it. You'd probably be doing me a favour at this point.

ok then

• Don't leave, Davies. We need a warped sense of humor to keep things interesting.

This discussion has been closed.