User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 131.1K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've definitely hated people, but it's so difficult to get to that point for me. Mildly annoyed and perhaps mad is usually how far I get with most people, but that only lasts like... a day at the most. Least to say, I've never legitimately hated anyone here.

• With me, I get irritated for a few seconds, then I think about how irritating I am on a regular basis and I feel a bit hypocritical so I get over it. Same thing with getting mad at people. It usually lasts for a few minutes, or maybe an hour at the most, where I say plenty of really nasty things. Then, I'm all over it and spend the next couple of weeks apologizing.

• Personally I hate myself more than any one person (with one exception, but that has nothing to do with this place) and I find it more than a little daft that some people take what is said on places like this so personally. At the end of the day it's just a bunch of words on a screen.

• What I really hate is the word 'random'. I can't even begin to tell you how it makes my skin crawl when somebody declares "that's so random" or they were talking to a "randomer" DO YOU MEAN A 'STRANGER' YOU SACK OF SHIT!?!?!

Don't even remind me about the girl I worked with who called me a 'randomist' every, fucking, day

• Don't leave Davis.
    We(The quite society of lurkurs)'ll Miss you

• @JedExodus said: What I really hate is the word 'random'. I can't even begin how it makes my skin crawl when somebody declares "that's so random" or they were talking to a "randomer" DO YOU MEAN A 'STRANGER' YOU SACK OF SHIT!?!?!

Don't even remind me about the girl I worked with who called me a 'randomist' every, fucking, day

Hmm. How random.

:D

• @Alcoremortis said: Then, I'm all over it and spend the next couple of weeks apologizing.

oh god. this.

@Alcoremortis said: What I really hate is the word 'random'. I can't even begin to tell you how it makes my skin crawl when somebody declares "that's so random" or they were talking to a "randomer" DO YOU MEAN A 'STRANGER' YOU SACK OF SHIT!?!?!

As much as I like Invader Zim, it bred an entire generation of LOLRANDOM users. That makes me sad.

• @JedExodus said: What I really hate is the word 'random'. I can't even begin to tell you how it makes my skin crawl when somebody declares "that's so random" or they were talking to a "randomer" DO YOU MEAN A 'STRANGER' YOU SACK OF SHIT!?!?!

When people use the term "random" too often, I feel like pulling out a Princess Bride quote:

that-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means

I think they mean to say arbitrary.

• @JedExodus said: "that's so random"

I believe the term is "that's s0o0o random XD!!!" :p

• Here's a picture of TTG pattern that I did on my 7x7 rubiks cube. I was going to post it on the "cool things you've done thread" but webcam wasn't working. 3 months later, that thread is dead, and so I am posting it instead in a much less respectable setting.

20110511211837501.jpg

This discussion has been closed.