User Avatar Image

What If You Can Change The Past

posted by uregobland on - last edited - Viewed by 906 users

This is actually a very personal story that i'm going to tell you. Personal, because it has something to do with my exgirlfriend, who broke up with me at Dec 1st 2010. Don't get me wrong though, i'm not telling this to get symphaty, or no symphaty for that matter. I'm telling you this, because one simple action of mine in the past, has changed my present day and future drastically. It was an action of a mere 'yes or no' choice and that's the reason I put it online. And where better online than here! ;-)

Remember, this is a TRUE story. I make it short and simple:

Me and my girlfriend went on vacation to Finland. We were there because her niece lives there. At Fridaynight 26th November 2010, my girlfriend and her niece wanted to go out. I decided not to go out because we were all dead tired. But my girlfriend and her niece don't see eachother a lot so they want to make the most of it, naturally. I told them, just go out with your friends and I will be fine going to bed. They both of course agreed, no big deal. At least that's what I decided first. When it was later in the evening, almost night, I decided to go out with them anyway.

I changed 'no, I stay' into 'yes, I join'.

When we were in a club somewhere in Finand, that choice resulted in an argument between me and my girlfriend. An argument that later resulted in, end of relationship. In other words, if I decided to stay at her niece's apartment, what was my decision in the FIRST PLACE, she still would be my girlfriend as we speak. And yes it's true, I swear it on my grave. That SIMPLE choice, altered my present and ultimately my future. Especially because our wedding was already set. Date of our wedding if I decided to 'stay'? That would be July, 12th 2011. -_-

Me being a BTTF fan, makes me begging for a time machine right now! :D

But of course, this world is not all about me. What if YOU could change the past?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @oberlerchner123 said: Now please excuse me while I get some brain bleech...

Lol, here you are!

Maybe , maybe not. It's a proven fact that you can change your present, and there for your future which may be the direction of too similar paths. You can salvage many situations. How often does some one screw up, or is challenged, could give up and doesn't?

I wish I could go back in time! Not to save my relationship but to proof it! :D

• To be honest I think you gave up too easily, it doesn't make sense.

You have a relationship, ready for marriage, and one little fight doesn't seem like a equal force, or any where never as a vast comprehensive force to end such a relationship..

Maybe there was more to talk about than just the fight, one fight...There had to be more to this than just one fight.

Or the one fight had to be over dramatized.

• @Rather Dashing said: I would have stopped the Back to the Future game from ever being made.

I'm curious: what exactly would be your plan to achieve that?

• @doodo! said: To be honest I think you gave up too easily, it doesn't make sense.

You have a relationship, ready for marriage, and one little fight doesn't seem like a equal force, or any where never as a vast comprehensive force to end such a relationship..

Maybe there was more to talk about than just the fight, one fight...There had to be more to this than just one fight.

Or the one fight had to be over dramatized.

I understand what you're saying, but you just have to take my word for it. Don't want to get any more personal about my life. But I can say that she was the one who gave up too easily. Not me.

But enough about ME already!! :)

• @uregobland said: I understand what you're saying, but you just have to take my word for it. Don't want to get any more personal about my life. But I can say that she was the one who gave up too easily. Not me.

But enough about ME already!! :)

:)
    Whatever you wish. I felt bad for even bringing it up, and bad that I'm still curious about it. What is done is what is done, as people choose to move on. It's no place for me to interfere, I suppose is one way to look at it. I'm sorry I got into it.

Just ignore it.

Back to the topic!

• @doodo! said: :)
    Whatever you wish. I felt bad for even bringing it up, and bad that I'm still curious about it. What is done is what is done, as people choose to move on. It's no place for me to interfere, I suppose is one way to look at it. I'm sorry I got into it.

Just ignore it.

Back to the topic!

Hahaha, no need to be sorry! Besides, I started it. ;)

• I would be a more passionate Christian.

• I'm sorry to hear about your break up.

*insert inspirational speech about 'her not being worth it', 'there's lots of fish in the sea', 'you're better than her' and/or 'if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be' here*

Or watch this video.

(Hopefully you smiled/laughed at the above comment and/or video; otherwise I'll feel like an insensitive prick)

On topic, while I think using the time machine for personal gain is tempting, I'm going to have to decline. As said by another member, the choices I made in the past directly contribute to my present state. If I corrected all my mistakes, that wouldn't be 'me'.

If we're talking about using the machine to prevent a disaster, I'd be a little more inclined to take advantage of the space-time continuum.

• @Rather Dashing said: I would have stopped the Back to the Future game from ever being made.

I believe you're referring to the NES game by LJN. ;)

• @Martin McFly said: (Hopefully you smiled/laughed at the above comment and/or video; otherwise I'll feel like an insensitive prick)

Are you kidding me?!

LMAO! That was brilliant! And so true, so true.. Thanks for your inspirational speech Martin! :D

Add Comment