User Avatar Image

Jp 4

posted by SeanJP on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

Listen i know that there have been a whole lot of rumors about JP4 but i was reading up on it and jp legacy.org stated that Joe Johnston would start jp 4 after his movie "Captain America," and i just saw previews for it in theatres so i hope JP4 willstart production. The reason i started this form was so i could know what your thought was about JP4 and maybe your thoughts about what u want it to be about:D

173 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @TheHandyking said: Yeah that´s what i thought too. I mean at the end of JP1 he changed his opinion about kids. So it would be nice if in the 3rd he and Ellie would be a happy couple with kids.

But i think i read somewhere, they consider for a fourth film that Ellie seperates from her husband and she and Alan get together. I don´t know if it´s true :confused:

That would be so cool. I dont know i u have ever eard o jplegacy.org but there are sections or the movies and there is deleted scenes and there is a pic of Sam and Laura kissing while they r on set in the dig area from the beginning o the irst movie. but it would be good if Ellie and Alan were together:D

• @TheHandyking said: I don´t know if it´s true :confused:

I'm almost certain it was in an interview, however in my opinion it would be a bad idea. If you've already established that they've split up because of Grants apparant reluntancy to have kids and leave his life of digging why on earth would you have them get back together all of a sudden and have them resolve those issues like magic it just doesnt make sense to me.

• @SeanJP said: Actually the first island was only demolished in the book well bombed, and i totally think they should do something with the first island, and i dont know what it is with Isla Sorna. The 2nd and 3rd movies were about that island, and i want the original cast and newbies back on Isla Nublar, Trying to save the dinosaurs, but not to rebuild another park. Also i think if Universal is wise they might make a movie based on this new game. that would be nice.

in The Lost World, there is a scene where Peter Ludlow says that all organic life was demolished on Nublar. It was a deleted scene, but most consider it canon.

@SeanJP said: I hope Spielberg won´t allow Johnston to come back for a fourth movie. He ruined the third movie so much, that Spielberg shouldn´t even consider to choose him as the director for the fourth installment. The master himself should take care of his great franchise. And not such a dumb director like Johnston. :mad:

It's not all Johnston's fualt. It was David Koepp and Kathleen Kennedy who created all the stuff we don't like about JP3. Johnston originally had an idea that revolved around dinosaurs on the mainland and a return of Grant and Malcolm. I say that Koepp and Kennedy should be left out of the 4th film, Johnston is a perfectly capable director.

• @evolution_rex said: It's not all Johnston's fualt. It was David Koepp and Kathleen Kennedy who created all the stuff we don't like about JP3. Johnston originally had an idea that revolved around dinosaurs on the mainland and a return of Grant and Malcolm. I say that Koepp and Kennedy should be left out of the 4th film, Johnston is a perfectly capable director.

David Koepp had nothing to do with the third movie, he wrote the script for number one and two. By the way, I have nothing against him, I think he can write great entertainment. He also did a good job on Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" and "Indy 4", and he's a fine director as well.

Speaking of the script: IMDB says they started shooting before the script was finished. We all know that's never a good sign...

• @SeanJP said: I know I probably sound like a retard but what was the original script for the 3rd movie?:confused:

@SeanJP said: I think it was something with Dr. Grant living on Sorna

From what I have heard, the movie's premise would have been that Pteranodons attack the mainland, so an expedition is sent to investagate the escaped animals and Isla Sorna... and it was Spielberg's original idea that Grant should be living IN A TREE in Isla Sorna.:) The bird-cage sequence would have been extended.

I'llt try to find a source on that, but that script idea would explain one of the original posters on the JPIII DVD, it said 'Outbreak: Jurassic Park'.

But I have never heard of the 'teenagers on the island' idea, but there must have been a gazillion sciptments and scripts.

EDIT: okay, as it turns out, my source was simply wikipedia which quoted the JPIII DVD (?) and a think a Box Office Mojo article.

"The third film was greenlit in August 1999 and was based on a story by Steven Spielberg, featuring Alan Grant after having lived in a tree on one of the islands and studied the dinosaur population. Johnston never had any concrete concept for the third installment, other than stating the film would be "more stand-alone" and feature a lot of flying reptiles.

New writers were brought in to scribe a story involving Pteranodon escaping from Site B and causing a rash of mysterious killings on the mainland, which was to be investigated by Alan Grant and a number of other characters including wealthy Paul Roby and his teenage son Miles, Paul's love interest, Billy Brennan, a naturalist named Simone, and a tough Military Attache. Grant's group was to track the Pterosaurs back to Site B and crash on the island, while a parallel investigation was carried out on the mainland. Supposedly, the aviary sequence and laboratory set piece were much longer and more complex, including raptors stealthily entering the hatchery while the team spent the night. Sets, costumes, and props were built for this version, before Johnston threw out the completed script five weeks before filming in order to pursue the "rescue mission" plot, which was suggested by David Koepp."

• @MasCot said: From what I have heard, the movie's premise would have been that Pteranodons attack the mainland, so an expedition is sent to investagate the escaped animals and Isla Sorna... and it was Spielberg's original idea that Grant should be living IN A TREE in Isla Sorna.:) The bird-cage sequence would have been extended.

I'llt try to find a source on that, but that script idea would explain one of the original posters on the JPIII DVD, it said 'Outbreak: Jurassic Park'.

But I have never heard of the 'teenagers on the island' idea, but there must have been a gazillion sciptments and scripts.

EDIT: okay, as it turns out, my source was simply wikipedia which quoted the JPIII DVD (?) and a think a Box Office Mojo article.

"The third film was greenlit in August 1999 and was based on a story by Steven Spielberg, featuring Alan Grant after having lived in a tree on one of the islands and studied the dinosaur population. Johnston never had any concrete concept for the third installment, other than stating the film would be "more stand-alone" and feature a lot of flying reptiles.

New writers were brought in to scribe a story involving Pteranodon escaping from Site B and causing a rash of mysterious killings on the mainland, which was to be investigated by Alan Grant and a number of other characters including wealthy Paul Roby and his teenage son Miles, Paul's love interest, Billy Brennan, a naturalist named Simone, and a tough Military Attache. Grant's group was to track the Pterosaurs back to Site B and crash on the island, while a parallel investigation was carried out on the mainland. Supposedly, the aviary sequence and laboratory set piece were much longer and more complex, including raptors stealthily entering the hatchery while the team spent the night. Sets, costumes, and props were built for this version, before Johnston threw out the completed script five weeks before filming in order to pursue the "rescue mission" plot, which was suggested by David Koepp."

Wow i didn´t know that.

What i´ve heard was only that Grant was living on a tree.

The other thing i know was that Jeff Goldblum was supposed to return for JP3 but broke his leg 3 weeks before shooting.

• I know i may sound like a whiney baby but i really want sattler to be involved. I feel they really didnt focus on her as much as people wanted them to. In the first movie yah i know they focused on her alot, but in the third one her part was very small and not good, they just showed her talking to grant about raptors, and they showed her talking to grant on the sattelite phone. I just feel she was a character that was kinda pitched out of the movies.

• After JP 3. I really don't want to see another milked version of Jurassic Park. JP 3 had a nice plot. But it was executed poorly.

• @MasCot said: "The third film was greenlit in August 1999 and was based on a story by Steven Spielberg, featuring Alan Grant after having lived in a tree on one of the islands and studied the dinosaur population. Johnston never had any concrete concept for the third installment, other than stating the film would be "more stand-alone" and feature a lot of flying reptiles.

Damn, that would have been much better. Too bad Johnston decided for the B-movie version... Still, the story about mysterious killings on the mainland could make a good fourth.

Add Comment