User Avatar Image

Which issue is most important to you?

posted by samusaran253 on - last edited - Viewed by 724 users

Vote & Discuss

116 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I went for education. It was a tough choice, there are a lot of serious issues on there that need to be addressed but as a nation (and I just mean the US here) we need to get smarter to do it. We need more scientists and mathematicians.

I'm especially worried about the energy crisis and out dependency on oil. Oil is the most precious national resource on the planet. We run out country on it and fight wars over it. It has the power to make nations like Saudi Arabia and Venezuela richer and more powerful than they could possibly be without it. But the public is slowly losing its taste for it and the resource itself is not unlimited. Our country needs to get really smart really fast so that we can come up with the next big thing. Whichever country figures out what to replace oil with and how to do it will pretty much hold the keys to the world, and if it isn't us or one of our allies, it'll be China and that would be bad.

I also think gay rights is a very important issue but thankfully, in this country anyway, I think that debate has finally started to turn the corner. It seems like with the repeal of DADT and with more states allowing gay marriage every year, the war has been decided and the opposing side is only fighting desperate skirmishes before their eventual surrender. It'll be long and slow but we'll get to equality eventually. Progress has always been a liberal idea.

Personally, I also have serious problems with islamophobia but that one's not on this list. :p

• @puzzlebox said: Now I'm not sure whether places like Australia and the UK have a greater proportion of clever people interested in medicine, or just dumber doctors. :p

Can I vote for clever? Because I am scared of the other option... :eek:

• I voted for none of the above, as I don't see many issues that concern us chickens. Where's the option for seed-aid, or a proposed take down of the Colonel and his evil regime? I sometimes wonder if both chicken and man have an equel rights on this forum.

My cluck shall be heard!

If that's not moo forward of me?

• I voted for Illegal Immigration.

What! You didn't think us foxes could be racist.

Its just nature man.

I don't want any damn immigrants stealing MY chickens!

• @Cockerel said: I voted for none of the above, as I don't see many issues that concern us chickens. Where's the option for seed-aid, or a proposed take down of the Colonel and his evil regime? I sometimes wonder whatever both chicken and man have an equel rights on this forum.

I'm curious - do white and black chickens get equal treatment in chicken society?

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: I'm curious - do white and black chickens get equal treatment in chicken society?

Oh, absolutely. There's still a few crusty old racist relics around like Ol' White Henry Clucker III but by and large, we are an enlightened brood, us chickens. I guess a big shift in attitude occurred when that grand old black hen Rosa Pecks refused to give up her spot on the back of a farmer's truck.

• @Cockerel said: Oh, absolutely. There's still a few crusty old racist relics around like Ol' White Henry Clucker III but by and large, we are an enlightened brood, us chickens. I guess a big shift in attitude occurred when that grand old black hen Rosa Pecks refused to give up her spot on the back of a farmer's truck.

Ha! You chickens are the same!
    Bunch of hypocrites!
    I bet it would all fall apart if one type of chicken was treated better than the other types.
    Hmmm... interesting...

Could be worth a look into that....

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I'm not sure animal impersonators should get an extra vote here, Mr. Retrovortex Fox and Mr. Davies Cockerel. However, when you're done playing, would you just throw these disguises in the trash? It's just that I don't have to tear them down then. ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: I'm not sure animal impersonators should get an extra vote here, Mr. Retrovortex Fox and Mr. Davies Cockerel. However, when you're done playing, would you just throw these disguises in the trash? It's just that I don't have to tear them down then. ;)

Damn! Rumbled.

Well this persona can be recycled give me a minuite....

EDIT: AHA! Here we go!

• @Vainamoinen said: I'm not sure animal impersonators should get an extra vote here, Mr. Retrovortex Fox and Mr. Davies Cockerel. However, when you're done playing, would you just throw these disguises in the trash? It's just that I don't have to tear them down then. ;)

I know not of this Davies of whom you speak my good fellow...

...but if I happen to come across him per chance then I shall be sure to pass the message on.

Add Comment