User Avatar Image

Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

posted by SylvF on - last edited - Viewed by 15.1K users

Now that the last episode has been released, any chance the season 3 soundtrack will come out shortly? I love this song for this season's opener, and "Charlie Hotep" and all the various on those chants have been stuck in my head for weeks (This whole series has such great music. Bosco's theme hasn't left my ipod).

I also think it would be great if the soundtrack came out on itunes, because that would save me the agonizing wait time of several days for a shipped CD. But I'm not picky.

576 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Vainamoinen said: That or Season 4.

    BTTF was delayed for season 6. Time travel, etc.

  • @Vainamoinen said: That or Season 4.

    Or cancellation of the other games and licenses they're working on atm. There are so many it should take some serious time.

  • @Falanca said: Or cancellation of the other games and licenses they're working on atm. There are so many it should take some serious time.

    I feel like you've made that particular facet of your opinion clear across the entire forums. We get it. I don't know what relevance it has to this thread, though.

  • No, really, only times I pointed that particular opinion of mine got instantly replied by you, and I guess it's twice or thrice; and I think it's far from truth to say I'm spamming it on everywhere. Well fine, I also say the same to back up other arguments of mine in much larger posts but it's just to back up the larger subject at hand. Still I don't think I'm pestering people around with that. The only people wanting me to shut up with that, are the ones that completely disagree with me.

    I didn't say it to make sure everyone on the earth knows my disconcerns about new licenses. I said it, in this thread, because it had a relevance; which I pointed out in the same thread before IIRC. The amount of new licenses Telltale acquired -that none of'em I'm interested about- requires Telltale to extract a REALLY big amount of effort, which takes them coming up with long-awaited side products I'm waiting for (as well as many other long fans of the company), such as Season 3 soundtrack. I also find this issue relevant with BTTF:TG's subpar quality so that might be why it feels like I'm parroting the same thing over and over everywhere, but in reality I find this argument valid in both cases.

    Sorry for the sarcasm though, if it helps.

  • My thought process just:

    ":eek: 5 new posts in the season 3 soundtrack thread... maybe that means it's actually been done now."

  • @Falanca said: No, really, only times I pointed that particular opinion of mine got instantly replied by you, and I guess it's twice or thrice; and I think it's far from truth to say I'm spamming it on everywhere. Well fine, I also say the same to back up other arguments of mine in much larger posts but it's just to back up the larger subject at hand. Still I don't think I'm pestering people around with that. The only people wanting me to shut up with that, are the ones that completely disagree with me.

    I didn't say it to make sure everyone on the earth knows my disconcerns about new licenses. I said it, in this thread, because it had a relevance; which I pointed out in the same thread before IIRC. The amount of new licenses Telltale acquired -that none of'em I'm interested about- requires Telltale to extract a REALLY big amount of effort, which takes them coming up with long-awaited side products I'm waiting for (as well as many other long fans of the company), such as Season 3 soundtrack. I also find this issue relevant with BTTF:TG's subpar quality so that might be why it feels like I'm parroting the same thing over and over everywhere, but in reality I find this argument valid in both cases.

    Sorry for the sarcasm though, if it helps.

    I wrote a huge reply to this and vB ate it. Awesome.

    Telltale is an entity, but the soundtrack is made by individuals both within and outside of that entity. You're conflating those things. Just because it would be dramatically convenient and (probably easier to rationalize) to assume that any issue you had with anything going on at Telltale would all somehow stem out of "they're making too many games, and they're all dumb and for idiots," that's not the case. That's not the case because Telltale isn't a single globular mass, it's a collection of individuals.

    The soundtracks are labors of love by Jared, Steve Purcell, and me, that we put in the time for because we like them. Obviously there is also payment involved, but none of us are obligated to do the work -- it's a project which exists simply because we all wanted it to. The majority of the work I put into the graphic design of the first two season's soundtracks was in off time after hours. Jared mixes the music between other gigs. Steve paints the covers at home at night. Right now, we're all busy with various things in our lives. That's it. The (still unannounced, still hypothetical) soundtrack isn't in peril because Telltale announced Fables or something.

    As I've said multiple times in this thread, sorry that there is no soundtrack announcement yet, sorry that one hasn't magically appeared. You're an intelligent person. Please do a better job of asking yourself if your posts are actually contributing to discussion, or if you're just looking for another excuse to bring up and vent about something else that bugs you. We're all real people.

  • @Jake said: I wrote a huge reply to this and vB ate it. Awesome.

    Telltale is an entity, but the soundtrack is made by individuals both within and outside of that entity. You're conflating those things. Just because it would be dramatically convenient and (probably easier to rationalize) to assume that any issue you had with anything going on at Telltale would all somehow stem out of "they're making too many games, and they're all dumb and for idiots," that's not the case. That's not the case because Telltale isn't a single globular mass, it's a collection of individuals.

    The soundtracks are labors of love by Jared, Steve Purcell, and me, that we put in the time for because we like them. Obviously there is also payment involved, but none of us are obligated to do the work -- it's a project which exists simply because we all wanted it to. The majority of the work I put into the graphic design of the first two season's soundtracks was in off time after hours. Jared mixes the music between other gigs. Steve paints the covers at home at night. Right now, we're all busy with various things in our lives. That's it. The (still unannounced, still hypothetical) soundtrack isn't in peril because Telltale announced Fables or something.

    As I've said multiple times in this thread, sorry that there is no soundtrack announcement yet, sorry that one hasn't magically appeared. You're an intelligent person. Please do a better job of asking yourself if your posts are actually contributing to discussion, or if you're just looking for another excuse to bring up and vent about something else that bugs you. We're all real people.

    Yes, forums are really hungry today. My second writing of the same post;

    First of all, I used the generalization "Telltale" because I didn't want to sound like I'm spesifically blaming someone -rather than using it just to blame everyone involved. I know that's not the case, it's not what I was intended. There is however something I'd like to point out however: Telltale is a collection of individuals and this newly created combination still have their boundaries and a range of grasp, which I still think Telltale, as a whole, is trying to reach out of. Telltale, here, isn't to be blamed as a whole, but is the one being driven as a whole and that's the problem. The "things that should be done" are still mostly caused by the amp-up of the schedule which IS in relation with the company's own schedule (except Steve Purcell's own schedule because he works in other companies). If one realizes that for the production of such a material a combination of spare times of the people involved is required to be found, and this means even one person (such as Jared) doesn't have time for it because of the company's schedule, it means there are times this schedule fully causes the delay of the said production. Logically I don't think that can be denied and can only be overlooked by the consumers depending on their ethics and whatnot. Now that I cleared that out, I can start my own self-beating here;

    I'll be completely honest as the forums are not really the strongholds of diplomacy and decency. I know I'm not being favorable in this thread, yet I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything. I know I'm not being decent, I know I'm not overlooking minor things which is a sign of good ethics. I'm reducing myself to a hungry consumer, and as a hungry consumer, I know I'm guilty for the act of demanding (I'm doing it since, because and henceforth it's natural in the corporational age we're living in). It's the childish thing to do, and it's in consumer's nature to be a crybaby. I'm shielding myself behind this rule. I apologize, I still anticipate this product's release forcefully for many personal reasons and I do let my subconcious blame the stuff serving as the obstacles against my greatest anticipations. What I say can either be seen as signature sarcasm or a running gag, as well as I can shut the fuck up alternatively, but I don't like to restrict myself unless I cause an absolute discomfort.

  • @Falanca said: I apologize, [...] but I don't like to restrict myself unless I cause an absolute discomfort.

    I always hate "I apologize" sermons followed by an ending "BUT". :p Just my own tastes. ;)

    BTW, I'd really like to have a soundtrack. I'd buy it instantly!
    That said, I continue to say that a digital delivery for Telltale soundtracks could be a strong selling point, and can be gift to customers during special offers. And eliminate every discouraging points about shippings.
    I would not buy a soundtrack and pay a lot for shipping it (I.E. here in Italy): but I'd suddenly buy and download a zip file containing all the tracks for 15$. Pratically no Telltale expenses and everything gained for the customers.
    Just my 2 cents.

  • I'd buy the soundtrack instantly, but I'd want the pretty cover and pressed CDs. :)

    Problem is, the further we get from Season 3, the less people are going to be interested in it, the fewer sales there are going to be, and the less justification there will be to work extra hours to put it together. Maybe if there had been more musical numbers in Season 3, there would have been more motivation to get it done. Unless Telltale allocates actual funded time for this, I'm thinking it isn't going to happen, and Telltale has enough other things going on that I don't think that's going to happen, either.

    Oh well, I'm sad for the soundtrack, but I'll be happy when Puzzle Agent 2 gets released!

Add Comment