User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 126.4K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay guys, you've had your fun, now that's enough.

Edit: Fawful, I'm serious. Don't do that again.

• Ooh, I'm shaking in my booties. Why don't you put your permabans where your lack of power over me is.

• Awww, and here I was, ready to post this cool ASCII art I just found. Oh, well.

Glad to hear you're doing well, divisionten!

Anyway, I found a neat little easter egg. In Firefox, try searching for "ascii art" using Google in the browser's search box.

It shows the "Google" image in ascii text

• @GuruGuru214 said: Okay guys, you've had your fun, now that's enough.

Edit: Fawful, I'm serious. Don't do that again.

Awww I didnt even get to do a joke?

• @Klatuu said:

Anyway, I found a neat little easter egg. In Firefox, try searching for "ascii art" using Google in the browser's search box.

It shows the "Google" image in ascii text

Yeah, it does that in every web browser.

• Good to have you hear, divisionten. Also, I just made a pun, just so you know.

• Fact of the day.
    Hippopotomonstrosusquipidaliophobia is the fear of long words.

That and only Drew Carey and his improv shows can turn a story about a show salesman to a sing along about men becoming women.

• @Johro said: So my city(top 2 world, #1NA in cancer research) seemingly cured cancer, but nobody cares

What the hell did I just read.

There were words, and they were vaguely scientific, but they didn't mean what the author thought they meant. For one thing, glycolysis is the MAIN way that your body metabolizes biochemical compounds. Not an alternate way. Also, mitochondria are not cells, they are organelles. And cancer cells are "immortal" due to telemerase, an enzyme that prevents their DNA from degrading with each replication (which is what happens with normal cells' DNA). I can't talk about the validity of the "on/off switch" because I have no idea what they are referring to--there are any number of processes that can be inhibited to kill a cell.

Now, I'm not saying that it's completely impossible for cancer to be cured or even that it hasn't been, in fact, cured by someone in your city, but there is some very key information missing from this article because what I've been reading doesn't make any sense. The link attached is slightly better, but I'm still not entirely sure exactly how this drug works...and I'm not sure they do yet either.

Also, in mildly related news, someone in my city cured cancer as well.

• oh i know. It's obvious whoever wrote it was just writing on something they read.

It goes in depth here. The university has released the information that trials of isolated cells have proven effective, but human trials have not gone forward yet....and that's where most "cures" falter.

• so emails have been sent out giving subscribers small changes to Madden 12. They touched on Superstar Mode but failed to answer one important question.... Will it actually work this time? I'm going to wait to find out on this one. How can the NHL series be masterpieces and the Madden ones be so glitchy...They ARE an American company right? dumbasses. Good thing I like hockey.

This discussion has been closed.