User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 200.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • f7ff6b76-7ec9-4a5e-b93e-d39ce1fdb5f0.jpg
    different source. ....and on a side note, I thought it was 4.5 billion.

• what's half a billion years between friends!

• @Davies said: You sound pretty sure that it will happen at some point.

Yes, I'm sure it will happen.

I'm also sure that whether or not I'm sure it will happen, it will still happen regardless of what I think. :D

It's just a matter of when it will happen, and the more that people try to work out when it is, the more they look foolish because it's not going to happen when they think it will. But trust me though, it will happen.

• By the way, I'm well aware that the majority of people on these forums disagree with me and would consider it more likely for Vulcans to visit Montana and inspire a currency-free human race to found the United Federation of Planets.

That, however, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

• @Chyron8472 said: Yes, I'm sure it will happen.

I'm also sure that whether or not I'm sure it will happen, it will still happen regardless of what I think. :D

It's just a matter of when it will happen, and the more that people try to work out when it is, the more they look foolish because it's not going to happen when they think it will. But trust me though, it will happen.

I'm an agnostic so I guess that makes me a fence sitter condemned to an eternity of torture? I find it hard to have faith when there's so much suffering in the world; myself included. Out of curiosity, what fate will all the other animals on Earth experience, seeming as they can not grasp the concept of God (or much else for that matter)? On that note, how about the mentally handicapped or cultures whose faith revolves around a different God?

I genuinely hope that my questions haven't offended you but I really would like to hear your thoughts. As I said, I'm on the fence...

@Chyron8472 said: By the way, I'm well aware that the majority of people on these forums disagree with me and would consider it more likely for Vulcans to visit Montana and inspire a currency-free human race to found the United Federation of Planets.

That, however, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

By that logic, surely it doesn't mean that you're right either.

• Ooh, ooh, I know the answer to the animals question, or at least a pseudo answer within the Bible.

Ecclesiastes 3:21-

Who knows whether a human spirit goes upward or whether an animal spirit goes downward to the earth?

NOTE: I'm merely relating one of the few verses I can even remember for the benefit of those debating, simply because it provides something on the question, but I am not engaging in the debate.

• Apparently I was under a one-day ban from 4chan for mentioning /b/ on /x/. That's... hilarious. Have an ongoing streak of never being banned from a forum, and end up getting (temp) banned on the forum with the loosest rules on the internet.

I should have saved the ban image like a trophy. :p

• @Chyron8472 said: And again, the fact that people think May 21st is the day of Christ's return means that, by that very act, it is not.

So, what, as long as I pick up a sign and treat every day like it's the apocalypse, it'll never happen?

Neat.

We can do it in shifts.

Hey guys, we've got a plan to prevent the apocalypse! The telltale forums will keep judgement day at bay with picket signs and crazy rambling for as long as we live!

May 19th! END OF DAYS. REPENT!

So, that takes care of the Christian God's murder and torture. What can we do to stave off genocide by other deities?

• It still shocks me you're so skeptical about The Adventures of Tintin, Dashing, I mean...how can you not be excited about a movie all about you?

• They refused to cast me, and I'm still bitter.

This discussion has been closed.