User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 95.0K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What are you using to make that, Fawful? (Besides the dark arts and the souls of small children.)

• Whatever I can find. The actual list of ingredients could actually make me seem really smart or make my Hidden Peeple really lame, so I'm embarrassed to tell. I will probably give a full list of used materials and a long post on how it was made when it's finally finished though. I'm looking for suggestions on what to make the hands and feet out of though, as the feet and hands for a Grickle character are really distinct.

Get ingenious, people! I need halp! The Hidden Peeple needs feeties and handses!

• @Secret Fawful said: I'm looking for suggestions on what to make the hands and feet out of though, as the feet and hands for a Grickle character are really distinct.

Get ingenious, people! I need halp! The Hidden Peeple needs feeties and handses!

Polystyrene. And I'm not just saying this because I have a giant roll of it in my room that I'd like to get rid of. Not at all... >.>

More seriously: What about dowels? No doubt you've already considered this, but they're fairly cheap and would be sturdy enough, I think, to support little Hidden People. They'd need some sort of base, of course...maybe a wooden ruler? I dunno.

• No, I don't want a base. I want it to be able to stand on its own. If I made a base I would want the gnome to be able to come off of it and stand by itself if I wanted. Um, I do have dowels and/or fake hard plant stems to try for legs. I'm debating between the two, and both are study enough for legs and arms and the stems are nice and bendable. The polystyrene is a fantastic idea though. I might have to make a design change on the feet to get it to stand but I'm not sure. The little guy is really light due to having a hollow body, though, so getting it to stand is simply a matter of balance I'd say.

• @Secret Fawful said: No, I don't want a base. I want it to be able to stand on its own. If I made a base I would want the gnome to be able to come off of it and stand by itself if I wanted. Um, I do have dowels and/or fake hard plant stems to try for legs. I'm debating between the two, and both are study enough for legs and arms and the stems are nice and bendable. The polystyrene is a fantastic idea though. I might have to make a design change on the feet to get it to stand but I'm not sure. The little guy is really light due to having a hollow body, though, so getting it to stand is simply a matter of balance I'd say.

Well, by base, I suppose I meant "feet". If you could find a thin wooden ruler with a width about the same as your dowel's (or what have you) diameter then I think it would make an excellent foot and allow Mr. Hidden to stand on his own. And, of course, balance.

The stems sound great for the arms, but I think for the legs you'd want something a little sturdier so that it wouldn't wobble over time. Just my two cents.

• Thank you. I'll look into your suggestions, by which I mean I'll probably do everything you suggested.

• @Secret Fawful said: Thank you. I'll look into your suggestions, by which I mean I'll probably do everything you suggested.

Yay! I was moderately helpful!

• Gummy bear flavored soda is the best, and you can't actually buy it.

I love that I know how to make gummy bear flavored soda.

This discussion has been closed.