User Avatar Image

Life Goals

posted by Giant Tope on - last edited - Viewed by 289 users

Here's something I think we can all share: Life goals. From little to extravagant, what are your goals that you hope to achieve? Furthermore, if you'd like, what are you doing to reach these goals?

Those who have been able to accomplish goals that others may have, do you have advice for them?

I'm hoping that we can make this thread a positive environment for constructive advice and encouragement.

I suppose my main goal right now is to become self reliant financially as well as staying out of debt. So far, I've been able to manage the second one, but the first is still a struggle for me.

How about you guys?

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Success
    by: Ralph Waldo Emerson

To laugh often and much;
    To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
    To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
    To appreciate beauty,
    To find the best in others,
    To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child,
    A garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
    To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
    This is to have succeeded.

That, basically.

• To conquer the world. Or at least a part of it.

• I just realized I never included any life goals in my previous posts.

1. I don't want to die of radiation sickness. This is first and foremost. If I can avoid this fate, then my life will have been a moderate success. This also goes for ebola.

2. Make an amazing discovery someday that will change the world as we know it. I know that this is highly unlikely, but I'll add a condition that if I discover something minor that later allows someone else to find something big, that totally counts as well.

3. Learn a language. I really don't care which one. I just hate being lumped in with the "dumb American" stereotype of people who only know one language.

4. Figure out how to control my voice better. I've been training for years and I still have troubles getting above a high C.

5. Loads of other things that I won't bore you with. Shall we say they include travel plans, martial art styles, compositions, reading and writing novels, games, learning advanced mathematics, making a functional robot, and finding something to do with the giant roll of polystyrene in my room. On the last one, I'm open to suggestions. :D

• Life's goals. lets see.

1. Find a chicken
    2. Eat the chicken
    3. Rinse and repeat.

EDIT: 4. Learn how to do forum codes properly... :/

• @Mr. Fox said: Life's goals. lets see.

1. Find a chicken
    2. Eat the chicken
    3. Rinse and repeat.

EDIT: 4. Learn how to do forum codes properly... :/

My life goal is to join Special Unit Foxhound.

• Phase 1) Get real job. I believe Phase 1 is soon to be complete.
    Phase 2) Get a nicer place. Phase 1 will facilitate this.
    Phase 3) Go to the gym somewhat regularly and friggin' get in shape. .... Still working on this one.
    Phase 4) Build a harem.
    Phase 5) Find a nice girl who doesn't care about money after driving myself into the poor house trying to maintain a harem.

• [quote=coolsome;502947]my life goal is to join special unit foxhound.[/quote]

SNAKE l!!

• [quote=daishi;503136]snake l!![/quote]

liquid!

• become a famous singer.Sell platinum records. Sellout concerts. Start going crazy over all the amount of pressure i get .Get addicted to drugs. Go into rehab. After i come out find everyone forgot about me. Start appearing in car commercials to make a living.

• Right now my main goal is to cope with the fact that my inherent mentality makes it near impossible to ever fall in love.
    @DAISHI said: To conquer the world. Or at least a part of it.
    Almost done ... I found a small patch of land at the shore of the river flowing through our town. Seems it was not existent when the city limits were defined and none have claimed it since. All I have to do now is prepare my army (okay: myself), invade the area and build a camp there. Our local police should not be able to interfere because it does not lie in their competency. And as soon as the land is mine I shall build there a city where I alone shall rule! (In fact, there is not enough space for anyone else ...)

Add Comment