User Avatar Image

Poirot Revival Thread

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

I herd rumors about Poirot being canceled before the last 6 books could be adapted so I emailed ITV asking and got this reply.

@ITV said: Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your email regarding ‘Poirot’. We have a new film yet to be broadcast The Clocks which was produced last year and ITV is in active discussions about doing more. Scripts are currently being developed but we are not currently in a position to announce new commissions. We are delighted with how well both Poirot and Marple are received by the ITV1 audience. I do hope you will continue to watch and enjoy many of our programmes.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards
Julia
ITV VIEWER


She didn't answer my question but she didn't say yes its axed and saying developing on new scripts seems like a good sign!

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @coolsome said: I wonder if they can get away with fimling just one of she shorts and saying it counts as one of the 6 remaning storys. And If anyone in ITV is reading this and are worring about making 12 stories being a budget issue then do what I saidXD

    I say they should film tLoH as sort of a 2-3 part miniseries type of event to end the series... I havn't read it yet, but isn't the premise that Poirot was cataloging some of his favorite cases and comparing them to hercules' trials... wouldn't that be a fantastic note to end on, and from what i've read, the 12 stories are sort of short and could easily be fit into a 4-6 hour event

    on a side note, I saw a FANTASTIC way for "the big four" to be made into an episode on IMDB... the poster suggested that Hastings with his superiority complex sit down to write a fictional story about Poirot using his own sense of romanticism to try to prove something to Poirot, however as he continues to write the story it gets more and more absurd culminating in Poirot pretending to be his own twin brother, and then escaping from an exploding mountain 007 style... I just thought that was a great idea ^_^

  • @dumpling321 said:
    on a side note, I saw a FANTASTIC way for "the big four" to be made into an episode on IMDB... the poster suggested that Hastings with his superiority complex sit down to write a fictional story about Poirot using his own sense of romanticism to try to prove something to Poirot, however as he continues to write the story it gets more and more absurd culminating in Poirot pretending to be his own twin brother, and then escaping from an exploding mountain 007 style... I just thought that was a great idea ^_^



    I now choose to belive thats what happend!

  • @dumpling321 said: I say they should film tLoH as sort of a 2-3 part miniseries type of event to end the series... I havn't read it yet, but isn't the premise that Poirot was cataloging some of his favorite cases and comparing them to hercules' trials... wouldn't that be a fantastic note to end on, and from what i've read, the 12 stories are sort of short and could easily be fit into a 4-6 hour event

    That's a very good idea! I'd enjoy a miniseries...

    on a side note, I saw a FANTASTIC way for "the big four" to be made into an episode on IMDB... the poster suggested that Hastings with his superiority complex sit down to write a fictional story about Poirot using his own sense of romanticism to try to prove something to Poirot, however as he continues to write the story it gets more and more absurd culminating in Poirot pretending to be his own twin brother, and then escaping from an exploding mountain 007 style... I just thought that was a great idea ^_^

    Very cool! It reminds me of the Evil Under The Sun game...

  • [QUOTE=dumpling321;503523I havn't read it yet, but isn't the premise that Poirot was cataloging some of his favorite cases and comparing them to hercules' trials... [/QUOTE]

    No, it isn't.

  • Which ep was it where Poirot saw a murder mystery and then in the interval he wrote down the murder's name gave it to the director or something and said to open it after the play is done and he out the wrong persons name down and he was pissed at the play thinking they got it wrong.

  • @coolsome said: Which ep was it where Poirot saw a murder mystery and then in the interval he wrote down the murder's name gave it to the director or something and said to open it after the play is done and he out the wrong persons name down and he was pissed at the play thinking they got it wrong.

    I haven't read or seen that one! It sounds cool...

  • I always lol when people say David Suchet is the best Poirot. As if they have seen other depictions lol. :D

    But yes, David Suchet is awesome.

  • @Origami said: I always lol when people say David Suchet is the best Poirot. As if they have seen other depictions lol. :D

    But yes, David Suchet is awesome.

    there were 3-4 other poirots who did movies before Suchet took the role of Poirot, so they HAVE seen other depictions...

    in fact Suchet got his start playing inspector jap in "thirteen at dinner" starring peter ustinov as Poirot

Add Comment