User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 130.7K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Follow up from my post from ageeeeees ago in this thread. I am going back into hospital :( Only thing to do there is table tennis, so I'll come out KICKING ASS at table tennis. Always look on the bright side eh?

• @Alcoremortis said: But more seriously, for sore/cramped/whatever hands and feet...frozen peas. Seriously. It's much better than using a normal ice pack because the nature of a bag of frozen peas is to conform to whatever appendage needs to be iced, which is always a good thing.

Also, a hand support might be a good idea, but only if it turns out to be a long-term porblem.

It's more like bruising on the palms of my hands. Some of those stones were ridiculously heavy and I don't have very tough hands.

• anxiety attack out of nowhere keeping me up. i just wanna go to bed. maybe ranting about this where i can get the feeling that people read and care even when they actually don't give two shits will help.

• @Giant Tope said: anxiety attack out of nowhere keeping me up. i just wanna go to bed. maybe ranting about this where i can get the feeling that people read and care even when they actually don't give two shits will help.

Go ahead and rant. Writing and ranting helps a lot.

• I realised that my appointment tomorrow is an hour away, and involves walking most of the way on a highway, which probably doesn't have a sidewalk. I'm not quite sure how that will work, but I'll leave extra early to make up for that.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Giant Tope said: anxiety attack out of nowhere keeping me up. i just wanna go to bed. maybe ranting about this where i can get the feeling that people read and care even when they actually don't give two shits will help.

I care! But sleeping doesn't help. I woke up three times tonight thinking that someone was in my room, talking. Now THAT gets your heart thumping. WTF did I dream?? I never remember. But normally, I don't wake up like that either.

• Was sitting besides a guy who looked unbelievably like the Dude Lebowski! I asked if I can take a picture and he agreed!
    Ladied and Gentelmen, I present, The Iranian Dude!
    http://www.twitpic.com/51k3um

• I was looking in the mirror earlier, and a thought occurred to me. How do we know mirrors are silver? I mean, When you're looking in a clean mirror, the colours are the same in the reflection as they are in real life, yet it still looks silver. My mind imploded at the thought.

• @Friar said: I was looking in the mirror earlier, and a thought occurred to me. How do we know mirrors are silver? I mean, When you're looking in a clean mirror, the colours are the same in the reflection as they are in real life, yet it still looks silver. My mind imploded at the thought.

I like this question. The answer is that silver and mirror are actually the same thing. If you have something that is silver, and make it smoother, and smoother, and smoother, you will get a mirror. Likewise if you take the glass away from a mirror, and crumple and scratch the material at the back, you will get something that you would be happier to call "silver". The question "how come mirrors look silver?" could also be worded "how come silver looks like a mirror?"

Edit: in case you are not convinced, the key line to think is this: silver is not really a colour. If you are unconvinced of that, ask "why have I never used a silver crayon?"

This discussion has been closed.