User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 183.1K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @doodinthemood said: I like this question. The answer is that silver and mirror are actually the same thing. If you have something that is silver, and make it smoother, and smoother, and smoother, you will get a mirror. Likewise if you take the glass away from a mirror, and crumple and scratch the material at the back, you will get something that you would be happier to call "silver". The question "how come mirrors look silver?" could also be worded "how come silver looks like a mirror?"

Edit: in case you are not convinced, the key line to think is this: silver is not really a colour. If you are unconvinced of that, ask "why have I never used a silver crayon?"

I figured it would be something like that. I just find it odd that it both looks the same as normal, and yet somehow looks different. It's almost magical.

Also, I had a silver crayon, so boo.
    Actually it was more of a sort of a metallic grey colour, but the label said silver! :p

• @GuruGuru214 said: It's more like bruising on the palms of my hands. Some of those stones were ridiculously heavy and I don't have very tough hands.

Frozen peas help with bruising as well since icing will get down any swelling which may occur and will numb the area slightly. Just make sure to put a dishcloth or something between the bag and your hand so you don't burn yourself.

@GuruGuru214 said: anxiety attack out of nowhere keeping me up. i just wanna go to bed. maybe ranting about this where i can get the feeling that people read and care even when they actually don't give two shits will help.

This is sort of late, but I just wanted to say that I've often had the same thing happen to me, most recently about a week before finals when I kept on being woken up by the beating of my own heart. Yup, that's right. I would be almost asleep and then my heart would start racing and I'd get this urge to just sprint for a couple hundred meters...but it was four in the morning.

That's why I went into a hermitage of my own devising, so that I could get some heavy duty studying done and not have to worry about my heartbeat waking me up.

• My hands are pretty much feeling better today (though everything else feels worse), except that one small spot on my left hand feels really bruised. And after the day I had, I slept in until 2 pm.

• @GuruGuru214 said: My hands are pretty much feeling better today (though everything else feels worse), except that one small spot on my left hand feels really bruised. And after the day I had, I slept in until 2 pm.

Well, that's good to hear. Just don't do anything too weird with that hand or you might end up with tendonitis like me.

Also, as a completely unrelated sidenote, Steam hates me.

• Can ANYONE tell me if Mini Ninjas is worth the sale on Steam right now?

• Just watched a clip from the first anime film ever. My favourite part was around 3:20 where the only word I understood was uttered and a monkey has a cigarette.

Flippancy aside it is beautiful stuff

• Skeeter has an inconceiveable avatar.

• @Davies said: Skeeter has an inconceiveable avatar.

inconceivable_means_02.jpgI had to.

This discussion has been closed.