User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent 2!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

pa2.jpg

What!

There's not a lot to say yet, but Puzzle Agent 2 is happening! Read little else about it at the Puzzle Agent 2 site.

Watch the teaser trailer!

This article at CBR has some more info as well.

An excerpt:

[quote]"I'm just over the top, thrilled that I'm here getting ready to do the next game for 'Puzzle Agent.' I did not anticipate that initially. I just knew that I wanted to make a game that I, myself, would want to play."

Annable told CBR that, while many details of "Puzzle Agent 2" are still being worked out, he expects the gameplay mechanics to be similar to the original -- but better. "The first time out was the first time out for all of us, and there was definitely a lot of chatter on the forums about some of the puzzles not being where people wanted them to be," Annable said, laughing. "So we're very well aware of that. But storywise, we mapped out a whole entire story arc that went way beyond the first game -- we thought maybe, possibly we'd do more. We certainly hoped we would -- so now we're getting a chance to play the rest of the story out and that's more my focus, but technically there's a whole team of guys shoring up whatever we think we can improve upon."[/quote]

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm really looking forward to this! PA1 was a really good one, hoping TTG keep'em coming! Loved this type of Twin Peaks/X-files feeling, still it wasn't as scary as lots of other games are. I'm a bit like this girlfriends mentioned in this thread, and Puzzle Agent was a game that was perfectly balanced with both scare gnomes and beautiful drawings! Monkey Island, Wallace and Gromit and Puzzle Agent- what did I play before i found TTG?!

• @econojo said: Telltale mentioned that it is coming out this Spring. Isn't May summer? Or did they mean in 2012?

Over here in Finland, May is spring. In England it's summer and Down under it's fall. So go figure...

According to the recent trend I think the game's just gonna pop out one day without a set release date. Could be this week or the next.

• In he Northern hemisphere, Summer doesn't start until June (the 21st of June, more specifically, so even two thirds into June). May certainly isn't summer anywhere in the world.

• @Avistew said: May certainly isn't summer anywhere in the world.

In UK summer begins mid May, in Ireland 1st of May, so that statement has been proven false. Anyway let's drop this subject and hope they stick to the promised (most of Northern hemisphere) spring release :)

• The playtest invitation over last weekend should indicate that it's as good as finished. What's the usual timeframe from then? I think the date for TMI 103 was announced within a few days after for the week after that, wasn't it? My memory's rather blurry and holey.

You playtester peeps, you're going to remember better than anyone else! When on average do we get to download after the playtest you go in for?

• @tbm1986 said: The playtest invitation over last weekend should indicate that it's as good as finished.

jumptoconclusions2xk14.jpg

It's coming along, though.

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeesooooooooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    I *LOVED* the first puzzle agent!
    And I literally jumped from my chair everytime the hidden people interrupted my puzzles.
    SCARY!
    So.... yeah. Can't wait for PA2.... Guess I'll even play the first one once more before release.... :D

• Sorry, Jake. I feel like a kid at Christmas, the difference being I know what I'm getting but don't know when. Any teasers in the offing? Pleeeeaaaaase...

• @PainDealer said: In UK summer begins mid May, in Ireland 1st of May, so that statement has been proven false. Anyway let's drop this subject and hope they stick to the promised (most of Northern hemisphere) spring release :)

Wait, some countries place equinoxes and solstices at different dates as others? That doesn't make sense.

• @Avistew said: Wait, some countries place equinoxes and solstices at different dates as others? That doesn't make sense.

Meh... meteorology not astronomy!

Add Comment