Menu
User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 49.6K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Friar said: You were ninja-edit'd :p *edit* Just as I was ¬_¬
    And because you mentioned the French dub earlier:Monty Python time!

    I actually had a similar idea, with the phone call at the end of the Big Bang, except when he's on the phone he's speaking french and talking to other people it's English. It'd have made the scene much funnier :D

    But, I wouldn't expect to see Subscriptions on sale at all, and EDA subs as a remote chance. It'll probably be similar to the other month-long sales, ie 5 related releases for fivers.

  • @Ribs said: I actually had a similar idea, with the phone call at the end of the Big Bang, except when he's on the phone he's speaking french and talking to other people it's English. It'd have made the scene much funnier :D

    But, I wouldn't expect to see Subscriptions on sale at all, and EDA subs as a remote chance. It'll probably be similar to the other month-long sales, ie 5 related releases for fivers.

    I don't know, If it's like their christmas sale, They'll have some of the spin-off series discounted (all the cybermen series for £35 I think was one. Eight of the soundtrack CDs for £8 was another. They did a stage play bundle too. ) I guess we'll have to wait and see! I'm looking to spend around £85-£90 for a 12 month download subscription (usually £115). Seeing as I have all the 1-50 releases I really want, I don't think I'll be spending out that much this time. Unless the EDA season 2 is discounted too.

    Oh yeah: I started watching the claws of axos (Pertwee), and it's pretty rubbish. Highlights so far include: What looks like the inside of Jabu-Jabus belly from Zelda, Spaghetti monster and the monstrous evil of a man under a blanket.

  • Spoiler: Use a proxy for the US and pay through Paypal or the Credit Card system. It converts any twelve release to £97-ish.

    I did the Big Bang in french thing with my editing skeelz, so expect that to be linked soonish.

    tumblr_llqxr1UrOM1qgzea6o1_500.jpg

  • Awesome: I look forward to seeing it. In the meantime: SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
    clawsaxos.jpg

  • Here is the french thing, but it's been publishing for two hours and still hasn't went.

  • @Darth Marsden said: It's not an official policy, but it was the personal opinion of RTD and it seems to be shared by Moffat. It seems to stem from the idea that audiences, especially younglings, won't enjoy a purely historical story from a series that's sci-fi through and through.

    Can't say I entirely agree - trying a pure historical every once in a while would be a really nice change of pace - but as long as they remember to actually go to the past as well as the future, I don't have a particularly big problem with it.

    Also: Maths time!

    If you watched an entire Doctor Who television adventure - that's an entire story, not an individual episode - every single day, it would take you about 7 months (this includes the second half of this years series).

    If you watched one single episode a day, it would take you roughly 2¼ years (this includes the rest of this years series, plus the 28 episodes that would consist of the next two years series as well).

    If you did one entire story (for example, one classic DVD) a week, it would take you roughly 5 years and 4 months (this includes the current story total of 217 [we're in the middle of the 217th, for the record], plus the 4 from the rest of this years series and the 56 that would occur over the next 5 years, giving a grand total of 277).

    If you calculate how sad I am to have sat here and figure all this out, your brain would asplode.

    I'm planning to do 1-3 episodes a day, I don't mind long series' xD in fact I'm really looking foreward to having something to do in my off time for the next 2 years ^_^

  • @Darth Marsden said: Also: Maths time!

    If you watched an entire Doctor Who television adventure - that's an entire story, not an individual episode - every single day, it would take you about 7 months (this includes the second half of this years series).

    If you watched one single episode a day, it would take you roughly 2¼ years (this includes the rest of this years series, plus the 28 episodes that would consist of the next two years series as well).

    If you did one entire story (for example, one classic DVD) a week, it would take you roughly 5 years and 4 months (this includes the current story total of 217 [we're in the middle of the 217th, for the record], plus the 4 from the rest of this years series and the 56 that would occur over the next 5 years, giving a grand total of 277).

    If you calculate how sad I am to have sat here and figure all this out, your brain would asplode.

    How many episodes would you have to watch per day to finish in three months, watching the four new series season about three times?

    Cause...that's sorta what I did.

  • @Alcoremortis said: How many episodes would you have to watch per day to finish in three months, watching the four new series season about three times?

    Cause...that's sorta what I did.

    Not that much. 42 episodes and three christmas specials = 45. 135 episode, 90 days. 1.5ish.

  • @Ribs said: Not that much. 42 episodes and three christmas specials = 45. 135 episode, 90 days. 1.5ish.

    I meant watching the entire classical series in addition to watching the new series three times. Should have made that more clear.

  • @Alcoremortis said: I meant watching the entire classical series in addition to watching the new series three times. Should have made that more clear.

    Too much time a day is the answer then.

Add Comment