Democracy at work...

posted by samusaran253 on - last edited - Viewed by 252 users

35kn5v4.png

(Red) People who don't want to ban handguns: 35,501 people
(Blue) People who want to ban handguns: 3,264 people

Here's to guns, here's to freedom!

Here's the poll: http://www.topix.com/issue/gun-control

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: Stupid troll. Don't get your panties in a wad just because I see a problem with civilians owning assault rifles.

Damn it. Go soak your head already.

At the risk of sounding hypocritical, I'd just like to point out that you still didn't say why they're any worse than any other category of rifle. Also, an assault rifle, by definition, has the ability to fire in full automatic. Civilian military pattern rifles can't do this.

Also, how does loving firearms and arguing with your blatant idiocy on this matter make me a troll? Please, do tell. I'm listening intently.

• @Chyron8472 said: Stupid troll.

That's not a nice thing to say. And just when it was looking like there'd be a decent debate here. Perhaps you'd care for some time to prepare a counterargument and resume this on the morrow? I'd surely be interested to hear a well thought out reasoning for your position.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Guys, if you want this thread to stay open then settle it down.

• I'd just like to point out how hilarious it is that he's editing his posts to look more well reasoned and thought out, seemingly neglecting the fact that I quoted them all. That's funny to me. :)

@puzzlebox said: Guys, if you want this thread to stay open then settle it down.

Aye, ma'am. Settling.

• Debate? You up and yelled at me out of the blue for no justifiable reason.

Yes, I feel that there is a difference between owning a hunting rifle and owning an assault weapon. No, I don't know the exact specifications, nor do I feel compelled to argue with your bitter argumentative attitude about the issue when you can't be civil about it. Yes, I know people have the constitutional right to bear arms, but I think that refers to people's ability to defend themselves or hunt.

Crime is the issue for me, okay? Why the heck does anyone need anything more powerful than a handgun to defend themselves, their home and their family? Anything more is just superfluous. It's unnecessary. There's only one other reason for owning an assault rifle than just for the sake of collecting guns, and I don't care to allow dangerously stupid people with a chip on their shoulder to have any more dangerous a weapon than would make sense for any normal person to possibly need for practical use.

So you like collecting guns and my position on the subject makes you feel threatened. So what? You don't have to be a dick about it.

...and by the way, I edit my posts for typos and grammatical errors, thanks.

• @puzzlebox said: Guys, if you want this thread to stay open then settle it down.

You can close it for all I care. Pants is being a jerk.

• @Chyron8472 said: Debate? You up and yelled at me out of the blue for no justifiable reason.

Yes, I feel that there is a difference between owning a hunting rifle and owning an assault weapon. No, I don't know the exact specifications, nor do I feel compelled to argue with your bitter argumentative attitude about the issue when you can't be civil about it. Yes, I know people have the constitutional right to bear arms, but I think that refers to people's ability to defend themselves or hunt.

Crime is the issue for me, okay? Why the heck does anyone need anything more powerful than a handgun to defend themselves, their home and their family? Anything more is just superfluous. It's unnecessary. There's only one other reason for owning an assault rifle just for the sake of collecting guns, and I don't care to allow dangerously stupid people with a chip on their shoulder to have any more dangerous a weapon than would make sense for any normal person to possibly need for practical use.

So you like collecting guns and my position on the subject makes you feel threatened. So what? You don't have to be a dick about it.

I would be fine with this line of reasoning if you could explain what makes a military pattern rifle any worse than any other semi-automatic rifle. Is that really such an awful thing? Furthermore, I have been just as civil (if not better informed) as you, and reading the original versions of your posts will make this clear.

Nice job trying to cover your tracks, buddy.

@Chyron8472 said:

...and by the way, I edit my posts for typos and grammatical errors, thanks.

Couldn't resist this little gem. I have seen you editing to appear less aggressive, better informed and all in all more like you were just minding your business and I just jumped you out of nowhere. Smooth.

• I'm not covering my tracks. Don't be ridiculous.

Fine then. Why the hell does anyone need any semi-automatic rifle at all? Why? For what purpose other than hunting does someone need a semi-automatic weapon? Why even then? How fancy does a hunting rifle need to me to be useful? How much game does one plan to kill in quick succession?

Also, no you won't be fine with any line of reasoning since you attacked me at the outset, and you have yet to show any respect whatsoever for my opinion.

• @Chyron8472 said: I'm not covering my tracks. Don't be ridiculous.

Fine then. Why the hell does anyone need any semi-automatic rifle at all? Why? For what purpose other than hunting does someone need a semi-automatic weapon? Why even then? How fancy does a hunting rifle need to me to be useful? How much game does one plan to kill in quick succession?

Also, no you won't be fine with any line of reasoning since you attacked me at the outset, and you have yet to show any respect whatsoever for my opinion.

Then why are you editing your posts, bro?

You are aware that often times, one shot isn't enough to do the job, right? Take for example a deer. While I ordinarily wouldn't hunt with my AK due to the 7.62x39mm round's low penetration rate, let's say my first shot didn't kill the deer. Well, I would need to follow up to cut short the animal's suffering. However, in the time needed to manually cycle a bolt, the deer may well have fled.

Furthermore, in self defence, pretty much all handguns are semi-automatic. So, there goes that argument from the outset. AKs, M16s and other alleged "assault weapons" are widely used in the United States for self defence against home invasion due to their low rate of penetration and low cost of ownership, maintenance and ammunition.

Finally, I would be quite fine with your reasoning if it made sense. I'll respect your opinions once you base them on something more than scary buzzwords and cursory knowledge of the subject.

• Way to keep it civil, guys.

This discussion has been closed.