User Avatar Image

50% off Syberia, Syberia 2, Still Life, other Anuman Games at GOG

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 238 users

GOG's catalog of Anuman Games titles is 50% off this weekend on GOG. This includes adventure games like Syberia, Syberia 2, and Still Life for $5 each.

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Syberia is the kind of game that you love it or you hate it.

I hate it. Well, not hate, but don't like. Puzzles are extremly easy, (if you pick something up you will use it in the next minute), the story is predictable and it ends on a cliffhanger (that if you didn't enjoy the game you will not be very thrilled about a second part)

The atmosphere is very good and well made, so that's a good point.

• I don't much care for Syberia, but it's worth it JUST for the atmosphere. If you have even the slightest liking for steampunk/clockwork style art, you'll want to suffer the plodding pace and sub-Telltale puzzle simplicity.

• I ended up picking up both the Syberias and Still Life. Just beat Still life and really enjoyed it, haven't started Syberia yet. I'll be interested to see which party I end up being a part of, the lovers or the haters. Any of you played Still Life 2? I finished the first one and really liked it but it seems the 2nd one has gotten mixed reviews. It available on any download sites yet?

• Syberia is the kind of game that gets praise for being a somewhat decent game from a rather dark period of horribly bad adventure games. It's easy to shine when you're surrounded by mediocricy.

Atmosphere, story, music is quite good. But it suffers from what modern adventure games typically does. Not enough interactivity, simplistic, and linearity. Been a while since I played the games though, but they're not good enough for me to want to waste my time playing through again, so I won't be buying them from GOG.com.'

Still Life, though, is a much better game and much more interesting (imo), despite suffering from a lot of the same things.

Not played Still Life 2, but I'd like to if only for the story. I'd also like to play Post Mortem, which is kind of a prequel to Still Life (I think it's about the original case that's referred to in Still Life).

• I went in wanting to love it. From what I saw it looked great! But, when I actually got the chance to play it, I found myself getting really bored. The words, "No need to go down there" will be burnt into my mind until the day I die.

I can't recommend it, though, I've tried countless times to like it.

• Buy Gabriel Knight. =)

Or the Last Express. Two of the best adventure games. And not just imo.

• @Origami said: Buy Gabriel Knight. =)

Or the Last Express. Two of the best adventure games. And not just imo.

I picked up The Last Express with my The Wither 2 order. I have the combo CD edition, but honestly I'd rather have it digitally than install and switch discs, I want to support the game, and it comes with a good number of extras(including the soundtrack) that I don't mind paying money for. Also, the game is simply brilliant, easily in my top adventure games ever made. The real-time world that lives around you, not because of you, is simply stunning. There's a whole piece of the soundtrack that exists as a 20-minute violin and piano concert that you can simply sit and listen to. The whole thing is really ambitious, obscenely beautiful, marvelously intelligent, starkly atmospheric, adverbly adjective, and all in all one of the most brilliant gems in this medium's history.

On an only slightly-related note, their $5 price on The Witcher is ending in less than 24 hours.

• @StarEye said: Syberia is the kind of game that gets praise for being a somewhat decent game from a rather dark period of horribly bad adventure games. It's easy to shine when you're surrounded by mediocricy.

Yes, except that I've played many of the absolute best that adventure gaming has to offer, and I do not call Syberia one of the best lightly, so I'm at least one person who doesn't fall into this category. And I'll gladly go to my grave with every ounce of my respect gone and my personal tastes trashed and unbelieved by anyone on this planet than to lie and say that Syberia is anything less than a masterpiece.

Atmosphere, story, music is quite good. But it suffers from what modern adventure games typically does. Not enough interactivity, simplistic, and linearity.
    Also, it's hard for linearity to be a valid complaint in a game that is meant to be about a journey forward.

• I love the Syberia games, really hope that Sokal can get the third game made.

• I got the syberia collection (1 and 2) from amazon last year for a song and I absolutely loved both of them.
    I found all the clockwork models endearing and was fascinated to see where my journey was taking me next.
    Superb games.

Add Comment