User Avatar Image

Series that should be revived, continued, left in the dust, or stopped immediately

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 755 users

The title really says/asks it all - which franchises or series are worthy of being continued or revived, which should be left dead, and which should be abandoned/halted/put out of their misery?

Now, when it comes to series you would like to see brought back or revived, this isn't your chance to simply rattle of as many old series and franchises that you just so happen to like. Actually consider if a comeback is possible, required or a sensible move - would it actually turn out positive?

As for series that you want continued, this may include series and franchises that are either: a) still in production, or b) have been gone for a short while, but have not been confirmed to actually be dead or officially ended (like 'Monkey Island' in its current position, I guess).

Series that you think should be left in the dust are series that either turned horrible, or just were horrible, that should never ever see the light of day again. Edit: Or, of course, it can just mean a series that was good, is now gone, and should be left untouched and untarnished in order to preserve something good/great.

And series which you think should be halted or stopped are series that that are currently running, or have the potential of having further installments, which need to be put out of their misery before they can do any more harm to our world.

157 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Irishmile said:

REVIVE!

Shenmue

Leisure Suit Larry (as an adventure game)

Maniac Mansion / DoTT

Indiana Jones (as an adventure game)

Full Throttle

Grim Fandango

Actually, I'm torn. DoTT? Oh yeah. Indiana Jones? I'm in. Full Throttle? Hey, they could even iron out the flaws of the first one. But Grim Fandango? The beauty of this game was also that it was one story with an uncontestable ending. Leaving the land of the dead... that is so final.

A remake, however... with non-nausea-inducing controls even... hmmmmm....

• wait a second.. Shenmue...

SHEEEEEENNNNNNMMMUUUUUEEEEEE!!!!

MAKE IT! MAKE IT! MAKE IT! SEGAAAAAA!!

Yeah. Shenmue. Wanna play a Shenmue.
    .... Shenmue....

• @Vainamoinen said: Actually, I'm torn. DoTT? Oh yeah. Indiana Jones? I'm in. Full Throttle? Hey, they could even iron out the flaws of the first one. But Grim Fandango? The beauty of this game was also that it was one story with an uncontestable ending. Leaving the land of the dead... that is so final.

A remake, however... with non-nausea-inducing controls even... hmmmmm....

This 100%. I love Grim Fandango, but, I don't see a sequel working.

• I just have to say it is a damn shame that Fable II never got released on PC as it's miles ahead of the other two.

• @Ribs said: I just have to say it is a damn shame that Fable II never got released on PC as it's miles ahead of the other two.

I hope you're joking. Fable 1 was the only good one in the series. The second is the worst, and the third was "It's okay, but I'll never play it again."

• Yeah... I can agree with you guys on Grim Fangango... but I do not WANT to be done .. I want to explore that world and characters some more.

• @The-J23 said: I hope you're joking. Fable 1 was the only good one in the series. The second is the worst, and the third was "It's okay, but I'll never play it again."

The first one is mediocre filled with too many broken promises and next to no choice in the gameplay. The second one is very open and won multiple awards for being just a very good game. The third is basically the second one but buggier.

• @Silverwolfpet said:
    STOP!!

Every. Single. Freaking. War-Related Game.

I am so so so SO sick and tired of the same boring shooters.
    Oh look, it's war, let's shoot!!

Gah! Enough already! 90% of multiplayers involve war-related stories. Is the human race really that unimaginative nowadays?

^This x1000. There must be an innovative method (just ready to be dreamed up) on how to make a pure adventure game, multiplayer.

• The reason why your games have so many war themes is the same reason military commercials are all about insecure teenagers looking for approval.

• Why are America's youth, so insecure? Hmm....

Add Comment