User Avatar Image

The Telltale Night Owls' Society

posted by Comrade Pants on - last edited - Viewed by 277 users

Alright, I have noticed that this place essential becomes deserted after 2200 (10PM) EST. This is, of course, perfectly understandable. After all, most of this forum's users hail from an area where that is night and most people tend to sleep at night.

My question, and the reason for this discussion is this: who among you is a night owl, and why?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: This kind of thing right here, Doodo? This needs to stop.

I think that owl gave a nice ambiance to the thread. It could be the mascot. Reminds me of this photo-storybook I wrote about an Existential Blue Duck.

• Why does everything about Doodo! give me - me - the creeps? I mean, I've seen just about everything I think I never wanted to see thanks to 4chan, but Doodo? Tsk, tsk.

• @Comrade Pants said: Why does everything about Doodo! give me - me - the creeps? I mean, I've seen just about everything I think I never wanted to see thanks to 4chan, but Doodo? Tsk, tsk.

This is a lot coming from the person who convinced me to watch an animation about a guy with a spoon fetish.

• If there was to be a mascot Kubrick Night Owl would be it.
    kubrick_watchmen_niteowl.jpg
    he is clearly not F'in around.

• Well, it's night time, now, and I ask: Where are all the night-owls? Where? Where are these legendary beings?

I, personally, claim massive fraud on the part of these "supposed" forum night-owls.

(Except for Irishmile...and Pants)

• Out of what crypt they crawl, I cannot tell,
    But every night I see the rubbery things,
    Black, horned, and slender, with membranous wings,
    They come in legions on the north wind's swell
    With obscene clutch that titillates and stings,
    Snatching me off on monstrous voyagings
    To grey worlds hidden deep in nightmare's well.

Over the jagged peaks of Thok they sweep,
    Heedless of all the cries I try to make,
    And down the nether pits to that foul lake
    Where the puffed shoggoths splash in doubtful sleep.
    But ho! If only they would make some sound,
    Or wear a face where faces should be found!

-HP Lovecraft.

Shit like this? It's how I can be a totally legit night owl.

• Best thing about being up late is X-Files reruns.

• I like night better because you can go out and there is nobody. I like walking at night.
    I dislike being unable to go to places because they're closed, though.

I think I'm mostly a night owl because when it gets darks I don't want to sleep even if I'm tired. I only think about how much of a waste it would be to sleep during the night! But I don't feel that way about sleeping during the day for some reason.

I can't afford to be much of a night owl nowadays though. Too much to do during the day. Sadface, especially considering the time difference.

• I thought this page was about you wanting to start a society of TTG memebers dressed as this guy.

Nite-owl-Daniel+Dreiberg.jpg

• @coolsome said: I thought this page was about you wanting to start a society of TTG memebers dressed as this guy.

Nite-owl-Daniel+Dreiberg.jpg

I'd join. Watchmen is the greatest.

Add Comment