User Avatar Image

BTTF The Ride: 2

posted by lukebrynycz on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

OK, so I know this has been discussed a number of times, but surely us hardcore fans can at least get a thread together that's so popular and has such good feedback, that Universal will take it seriously and consider an updated BTTF ride?

The ride was absolutely legendary, and still held its own against the likes of the amazing Spiderman right up until the day that it came to an end. I was lucky enough to experience the BTTF ride not only as a kid, but also in adulthood. I was devastated when I heard the news that it was being replaced. Not only was this ride epic, it was heritage, a true testament to the creaters, Universal Studios, and their park.

This isn't a Simpsons bashing thread by any means. It's a great ride and deserves a place in the park. I have to commend the design team highly, and I'm really looking forward to going on this again when we visit this October, but surely Universal should/could have extended or kept half of the building as BTTF whilst giving it a bit of an update?

It's good that Universal have kept some key parts of the film around the park, but if anything, it reminds me of some of the best times of my life, and that I can no longer ride it again. I guess i'd rather have these bits around for memories than not at all, but it's just a strange feeling.

I'm betting that BTTFs true popularity was gauged from their recent(ish) re-release of the Trilogy on Blu-Ray. Surely they can see that there is still a humongous fanbase for a BTTF attraction? This is the kind of film that gets more popular with age so would be a worthy investment for Universal also.

I'm now 25 so this film came out the year I was born. 25 years later, and it's one of, if not THE best film(s) i've ever seen. Films these days just don't seem to have the excitement of the 80s/90s. They all depend too much on special effects and bad/cheesey acting rather than hard work and a true passion for excellence like BTTF.

I realise this has been done many times on the likes of Facebook and various other sites, but I'm hoping that giving Universals official involvement with this excellent game series, and the huge fanbase here, that this thread can hopefully grow and be highlighted by the developers and mods to the powers that be.

104 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment