User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 40.5K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Somewhat related due to Grand Moff Tarkin's involvement (next time the thread gets remade (possibly for Midseason) you might as well make it a Sherlock discussion thing too)):
    tumblr_lly6b1ZFb51qe8ogwo1_500.png

• So it's getting a full series. Cool. I know plenty of people who'll be pleased with that.

It does make sense though. Nobody really expected Sherlock to explode in popularity the way it did, so nobody was prepared to make more so quickly. Splitting Who in half to allow for a new mini-series of Sherlock was a great way to tide people over until they had time to properly plan out a full series.

Be curious to see if they split next year's series of Doctor Who into two as well, but I'm not too bothered. As long as the series arc isn't quite so complex and there's a few more proper stand-alone stories (like The Doctor's Wife, for example), I'll be happy.

@Rather Dashing said: You can't go back inside you own timeline. You have to stay relative to coolsome within the causal nexus. Understand?

I could bring you down with a word. No - eight words. Just eight words.

"Say hello to the sofa of reasonable comfort."

• No, it's still a mini-series. It just started filming and it should be finishing up soon as well as Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch need to get back to filming the Hobbit. The third episode/final episode of the season is called 'Reichenbach'. I AM EXCITE

• @Ribs said: No, it's still a mini-series. It just started filming and it should be finishing up soon as well as Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch need to get back to filming the Hobbit. The third episode/final episode of the season is called 'Reichenbach'. I AM EXCITE

Oh. Well, take what I said, and apply it to the third series. That should work.

• Matt smith is quite good, i wasnt so sure when he first came but i think he fits in nicely and is quite like david tennant.

• I'll admit there are similarities to David Tennant, but Mr Smith (oh, I get what they did there!) has really made the part his own. It's hard to imagine David Tennant doing the whole Docleganger thing without mugging it up, but Matt does it almost effortlessly.

In terms of modern Doctors, Eccleston is still my favourite, but Smith is a very close second.

• @Ribs said: First two minutes of Day of the Moon.

Damn, you guys are good.

• I was walking the dog today down the Gallops, and the ground felt strange. A little bouncy. A few minutes later, I saw a few tufts of blue-ish grass. I now believe that the Silurians return is imminent.

Either that or the BBCs marketing department is behind it all. Which wouldn't surprise me, given that they managed to explode a star last year! :p
    image20.png

I've also decided I'll probably pick up most of the Colin baker 1-50 BF releases. They pretty much seem to be the only consistently decent ones. That is, if the subs aren't on sale.

• @Ribs said:
    Also; after three years, we finally find out who River is. Weirdest theory I've heard? She's Mel's daughter or in fact Mel herself, which would explain why she is quite the screamer.

Weird I said that to someone as a joke today.

Add Comment