User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 34.4K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I liked Elton and Love and Monsters it was a refreshing change, I found it better than The Lodger that was trying to do a similar tone.

• I wasn't a fan of the characters or the goofy comedy elements of Love and Monsters, but I really enjoyed the Electric Light Orchestra references.

• @Sausy Gibbon said: I liked Elton and Love and Monsters it was a refreshing change, I found it better than The Lodger that was trying to do a similar tone.

It is completely out of character for the Doctor to turn that one lady into an immortal blow job machine. That is my entire reasoning for the dislike of the episode.

• Love and Monsters is a terrible, terrible episode for oh so many reasons, none of which I'm about to expand upon for reasons of sanity. Needless to say, it was far too cartoony, poorly planned, ill-conceived and an absolute train-wreck of an episode.

HOWEVER. What I'm about to share will quite possibly make some of you change your mind about the ending. Read on if you will.

At the end of the episode, Elton is talking with Moaning Murtle-URSULA on his camera. However, the only time we see the new Moanin-URSULA is in a cut away from the camera's perspective. Meaning that we have no actual proof that Moan-URSULA is a talking paving slab who fellates people.

Mo-Ursula surviving could well all be in Elton's head.

Think about it. The explanation of how he lost his mother and the sudden loss of the woman he's just realized he loved could have made him snap and somehow imagine that she lives in the form of a paving slab. Maybe it's just a normal paving slab he's punctured a hole into and he's projecting M-URSULA onto that slab. Her voice, her face, her... fellatio...

He's gone mad.

...doesn't that make so much more sense?

• @Darth Marsden said: Love and Monsters is a terrible, terrible episode for oh so many reasons, none of which I'm about to expand upon for reasons of sanity. Needless to say, it was far too cartoony, poorly planned, ill-conceived and an absolute train-wreck of an episode.

HOWEVER. What I'm about to share will quite possibly make some of you change your mind about the ending. Read on if you will.

At the end of the episode, Elton is talking with Moaning Murtle-URSULA on his camera. However, the only time we see the new Moanin-URSULA is in a cut away from the camera's perspective. Meaning that we have no actual proof that Moan-URSULA is a talking paving slab who fellates people.

Mo-Ursula surviving could well all be in Elton's head.

Think about it. The explanation of how he lost his mother and the sudden loss of the woman he's just realized he loved could have made him snap and somehow imagine that she lives in the form of a paving slab. Maybe it's just a normal paving slab he's punctured a hole into and he's projecting M-URSULA onto that slab. Her voice, her face, her... fellatio...

He's gone mad.

...doesn't that make so much more sense?

I really really like your verison better.

• @Ribs said: Doctor: I know who River is now. Knowing who River is is cool.

He he he.

Add Comment