User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.6K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Friar said: Soooo, one hour until the sale starts/the website crashes.

Actually, I'm only posting that because I wanted post #1000. Because I'm sad like that.

In commemoration, here's David Tennant with a cows head.
    1066666_a96b_625x1000.jpg

I wish they shopped Billy Pipers head with a cows head too.

• @Ribs said: And there's Billie Piper behind him!

The odd thing is that a cows head almost seems to fit the body...

I'm off to watch "The leisure Hive" part two. Tom Just had all his limbs pulled off. Also, it seems weird to see a tom baker episode with the davison title music. I know it was like that for a whole season, but I've seen far more of his episodes without that intro!

Oh, and the almighty moff said that the daleks are going to be rested for a bit (In other words, unexpected episode 13 appearance! :p)

*edit*
    I just got that joke. And only on the third reading. ¬_¬
    *edit 2*
    So the month-long sale seems to be a dissapointment, so I've decided to go for some of the main range ones.
    Colin Baker
    [LIST]
    [*][B]6-Marian conspiracy
    [*]9-The Spectre of Lanyon Moore
    [*]23-Project Twilight
    [*]27- The one Doctor
    [*]43- And the Pirates
    [*]45- Project:Lazarus
    [/B]
    [/LIST]

McCoy
    12- The fires of Vulcan (I figured, if I don't like this one, chances are I Just don't like McCoys Doctor. It's the 5th highest rated of all his audios. And I haven't found A TV serial of his I've particularly thought was good yet.)

Davison
    [LIST]
    [*]20- Loips Garoux (It's a multi-time period story, I think, which I always like)
    [*]24- The eye of the scorpion (Erimem's 1st appearance)
    [/LIST]
    On BFD itself I'll be on the look out for Paul McGann stuff and the CC: "Periand the Piscon Paradox"

And the boldness seems to have gone weird. Oh well.

• It looks like you're getting mostly the same as me (including ones I already own. I think there's 2 or 3 that I don't own there). Good choices. Jubilee, Bloodtide and davros are all awesome CB serials.

Oh, and there's a new preview clip for saturday's middale (I refuse to call it a finale, as it's halfway through the series!). Nothing overly spoilery in it. At least nothing that isn't common knowledge anyway (I.e. River song is in it. With Roranicus Pondicus.) Alex kingston does some fantastic acting. The whole scene made me really excited, which is awesome, as I haven't really been excited about this series (despite it actually being pretty good!). I blame that on the fact that I've gotten into the past series' and audios more, so it's diluted the specialness of a new episode.

*edit*
    In other news, my mother is currently in sainsbury's, and they still have some Doctor who dvds on sale (turns out there is an advantage to seemingly being the only huge whovian in a 10 mile radius!). She's picked up Myths and Legends boxset and "The ark". So that brings my To-Watch list to 6 serials worth. I am not going to have room for these DVDs anymore! I may have to rethink the positioning of my R.C Dalek.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I'd like to point out how massively spoilery the cover of this week's Radio Times is if you didn't happen to see the end of the last episode. I honestly found this to be very annoying, like how they ruined the Human Dalek, and I'm not entirely sure why.

• I need to buy Mannequin mayhem box set! I have the audio CD of Terror of the Autons I wanna see how the episode is different it is to the CD/novel.

• @Friar said:

*edit*
    In other news, my mother is currently in sainsbury's, and they still have some Doctor who dvds on sale (turns out there is an advantage to seemingly being the only huge whovian in a 10 mile radius!). She's picked up Myths and Legends boxset and "The ark".

Lucky blighter. For those of you following this scintillating saga, I managed to get out to the big Sainsburys near me at the weekend. They had

1) a couple of full-price chart Dr Who DVDs
    2) cut-price DVD of that one with the flying bus in the desert.

Ugh

• @Majus said: This is hilarious, I laughed out loud, and couldnt resist:
    Klick!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

• @Majus said: This is hilarious, I laughed out loud, and couldnt resist:
    Klick!

This is the second time I've put up a mini-script non-seriously and then it's been adapted by something relating to Majus! (the other being IWWHIWWHIROTPG:TG, 'oh look a morgan' was the best joke).

And it appears, if they don't raise the price of Lost Stories Series 3 by the end of the month, that I'll be owning A Main Range (Oct-Sep1), Fourth Doctor Adventures, Lost Stories, and CC sub. Starting in May 2012, that'd mean for two months I'd get six discs a month (yesh).

Fourth Doctor Adventures gets a price raise August 1st, if you all haven't bought it yet. I'll be picking up Series One and possibly the Lost Stories Box Set before the raise.

Also: OH MY GOD! This month's releases that aren't main range are out before the weekend. If only Telltale would start releasing titles within the first three days of the month...

Add Comment