User Avatar Image

Frankenstein threads

posted by SHODANFreeman on - last edited - Viewed by 410 users

I really hate it when a couple vaguely similar threads are merged for no real reason. It makes sense to merge threads when people post several threads about the exact same topic at roughly the same time, but there's no real reason to merge threads that are totally different from each other, or posted several months apart, into one amalgamated topic. It'd be like if a news site just merged all of the news on the front page tangentially related to the United States under one headline that said "The US Does Some Stuff". The value of separate topics is that you can go into one that specifically looks interesting to you. When they're all mashed together into one vague general topic, no one really wants to sift through 6+ pages of posts to see if there is anything worth looking at in there.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I feel like this forum takes post counts way too seriously.

• @Comrade Pants said: I love revolutions! Can I be Trotsky? I want to be betrayed by the Revolution's Stalin figure once the Lenin figure dies!

Okay. I want to be Stalin, then, so that I can betray you! It will be fantastic!

@Comrade Pants said: I feel like this forum takes post counts way too seriously.

It's only because we're sad, sick, twisted individuals who look upon our postcount as a tangible representative of our overall quality as a human being. That's all.

• @Comrade Pants said: I love revolutions! Can I be Trotsky? I want to be betrayed by the Revolution's Stalin figure once the Lenin figure dies!

Giving you this opportunity is reason enough to never, ever allow this forum to become a police state.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Giving you this opportunity is reason enough to never, ever allow this forum to become a police state.

I dunno, man. We're well on our way...

WHATEVER'S ON YOUR MIND! NEVER FORGET!

That's our Potemkin, man.

And Dashing? He's a collaborator with the Tsarists, for sure. Selling out those threads and murdering our poor post counts.

Мир! Земля! Хлеба! Вся власть Советам!

@GuruGuru214 said: Okay. I want to be Stalin, then, so that I can betray you! It will be fantastic!

Sure, I don't see any problem with that, Вождь.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Giving you this opportunity is reason enough to never, ever allow this forum to become a police state.

This is probably the most comforting news I've heard all day. Better than all the assurances, anyway.

@GuruGuru214 said: Sure, I don't see any problem with that, Вождь.

Sweet! Should this Revolution thing happen anyways, at least we've got it all planned out. All we need is a Lenin so that they can die off and leave all the power to me.

• @Alcoremortis said: This is probably the most comforting news I've heard all day. Better than all the assurances, anyway.

How can you possibly be comforted after reading my post? Whatever's on your mind was murdered by reactionaries of the old guard! A purge, I say! A purge!

Sweet! Should this Revolution thing happen anyways, at least we've got it all planned out. All we need is a Lenin so that they can die off and leave all the power to me.

Hm... Who can be Lenin? Hey Fawful! Get your ass in here!

• @Scnew said: I feel like this forum takes post counts way too seriously.

I'd rather they just remove post count entirely.

• @Comrade Pants said: How can you possibly be comforted after reading my post? Whatever's on your mind was murdered by reactionaries of the old guard! A purge, I say! A purge!

This is true. Revolution is brewing, we cannot deny it anymore.

Hm... Who can be Lenin? Hey Fawful! Get your ass in here!

Yes! We need an inspiring...well, a leader, anyway.

• @SHODANFreeman said: I'd rather they just remove post count entirely.

I get the feeling that you're ignoring us. That rather hurts, you know. Before continuing your violent, reckless campaign against things which Alcoremortis and I care deeply, perhaps you should tell us why we're wrong to car about our post counts? Perhaps you should tell us why we take pride in a measure of our activity here? Perhaps you haven't got it in you?

Reactionary, bourgeois traitor to the glorious Blinky Revolution! You don't deserve that avatar.

• NEIN! THEN NO ONE WOULD RESPECT ME! Err... I can see your point. Maybe this is Motivational Mod Sp33|< or it's just me.

We have rules that we have to follow along with our personal Judgement and yes some threads to get merged poorly. Post counts are sometimes taken too seriously but there are good points about them too. Sometimes a higher post count is a sign of seniority along with Join dates.

Also some people like to rush count, so they can get seniority post counts are all just how you look at them.

This discussion has been closed.