User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 91.1K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: I don't give a shit what Avistew thinks. Nobody needs to change their posting habits to suit her fancy. Posting should be left up to each person's own judgment and the ruling of the mods.

Also, Davies is a badass. Don't like that? Go be insecure about yourselves in comparison to way past cool guys like he and I somewhere else.

I like Davies, but in a place like this he can get banned. I've chosen my fights with people before. I've picked my own battles. But, if you pick a battle here, and do it a certain way, you might win your fight, but you're gonna get a bann.

• Ooh, a ban. Oh no. If I get banned, all it means is that I'm then entirely outside their power to contain or control The Secret. I came close to getting fried on a forum once, but I actually managed to debate the mod DOWN and get him off my back. Why? Because I am invincible. And honestly, a ban from this place did me a world of good the last time it happened.

• In the great game of life, there is really no point to pick a fight for no reason.
    Especially if said provocation is on the internet.
    In the end of the day all the energy spent on getting mad and typing angry words is wasted, if in the long run, that effort changes absolutely nothing.

*pops pipe back into mouth and pulls up the daily paper*

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@doodo! said: I like Davies, but in a place like this he can get banned. I've chosen my fights with people before. I've picked my own battles. But, if you pick a battle here, and do it a certain way, you might win your fight, but you're gonna get a bann.

Depends on the way you "fight". Stating opinions, great. Argumenting, great. Repeating opinions over and over? Tiring, but OK. Personal insults and direct attacks on community members? Problem.

@doodo! said: And honestly, a ban from this place did me a world of good the last time it happened.

Sh-sh-sh. Don't say that or everyone wants one! :D

• @RetroVortex said: In the great game of life, there is really no point to pick a fight for no reason.
    Especially if said provocation is on the internet.
    In the end of the day all the energy spent on getting mad and typing angry words is wasted, if in the long run, that effort changes absolutely nothing.

*pops pipe back into mouth and pulls up the daily paper*

The same could be said for getting happy and typing funny words, but that hasn't stopped me yet.

@RetroVortex said: Depends on the way you "fight". Stating opinions, great. Argumenting, great. Repeating opinions over and over? Tiring, but OK. Personal insults and direct attacks? Problem.

It's porblem. Get with the times, Triesinvainamoinen.

• @Secret Fawful said: Ooh, a ban. Oh no. If I get banned, all it means is that I'm then entirely outside their power to contain or control The Secret. I came close to getting fried on a forum once, but I actually managed to debate the mod DOWN and get him off my back. Why? Because I am invincible. And honestly, a ban from this place did me a world of good the last time it happened.

I don't think they could ban you if they tried. If they did attempt to do so then this would happen:

computer-says-no.gif

You're just too essential to the everyday activity of this forum, a bit like Silverwolfpet.

I kind of view Silverwolfpet as the saintly Jesus of this forum, Secret Fawful as the mischievous Devil and Doodo! as the mortal man, caught between those two, struggling to make sense of it all.

If you were to remove any one of these three elements the Internet would surely collapse in on itself, a bit like that house at the end of "Poltergeist".

• @Secret Fawful said: The same could be said for getting happy and typing funny words, but that hasn't stopped me yet.

Ah now, being funny is different.
    Funny is like cement, it sticks people together and it provides stability, traits which generally tend to be a good thing.
    Whereas, anger tends to act more like a pesticide, it repels, it kills, and it leaves a rather unpleasant smell in the room....

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Davies said: I kind of view Silverwolf pet as the saintly Jesus of this forum, Secret Fawful as the mischievous Devil and Doodo! as the mortal man, caught between those two, struggling to make sense of it all.

This is worth quoting. I might make this my new sig.

• @RetroVortex said: Ah now, being funny is different.
    Funny is like cement, it sticks people together, which generally tends to be a good thing.
    Whereas, anger tends to act more like a pesticide, it repels, it kills, and it leaves a rather unpleasant smell in the room....

Thats the real diffrence between the light side of the force and dark side.

• @RetroVortex said: Whereas, anger tends to act more like a pesticide, it repels, it kills, and it leaves a rather unpleasant smell in the room....

Oh, like Joel Dreskin.

I sense the perfect scenario for a Grickle video. I imagine the angry side shouting in monkey noises, much like this forum.

This discussion has been closed.