User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 183.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Aaaah... Nothing quite like staying up till 3 am watching Family Guy.

I just got season 10 on dvd you see, (though due to a removal of a few episodes in a previous release, all our season DVDs released in the UK are actually mix of two seasons. So we are always behind oddly enough....), and I actually think so far, its one of the funniest seasons of the show.
    Sure its not as intelligent as it used to be, but its still excellent entertainment.
    £20 well spent.
    (Plus I have every other Family Guy DVD so I'll keep on buying it till the show ends)

EDIT: Turns out the releases are much more messed up than I thought.
    What is season 10 dvd here, is actually 12 episodes of season 8 and 3 episodes of season 9.
    I am really confused right now...

• @RetroVortex said: Aaaah... Nothing quite like staying up till 3 am watching Family Guy.

I just got season 10 on dvd you see, (though due to a removal of a few episodes in a previous release, all our season DVDs released in the UK are actually mix of two seasons. So we are always behind oddly enough....), and I actually think so far, its one of the funniest seasons of the show.
    Sure its not as intelligent as it used to be, but its still excellent entertainment.
    £20 well spent.
    (Plus I have every other Family Guy DVD so I'll keep on buying it till the show ends)

EDIT: Turns out the releases are much more messed up than I thought.
    What is season 10 dvd here, is actually 12 episodes of season 8 and 3 episodes of season 9.
    I am really confused right now...

Can't you just import the US sets?

• @doodo! said: they do what they're paid to do.

We grey-text moderators don't get paid. It's mainly volunteer work. It's the red-text employees that get paid.

• No, we just love this forum and want to see it remain an enjoyable place to talk to people. And if that means fighting what seems to be an endless losing battle against whiners, trolls, and spambots, then so be it.

• And even though sometimes we may be grumpy about it, I think I can say that we all do appreciate what the moderators do. And when we're grumpy about a decision, we're really grumpy at the grey lettering, not the person behind it. I just thought I'd just say that since it sorta needs to be said.

• It's true. I hate the color grey.

• Finally! Someone who agrees with me and openly admits it. So it's not the mods, it's the color grey. It implies wishywashiness about decision making.

From now on, the moderator titles should be changed to either black or white. Just to make things clear.

• I don't like that this thread is in the Games section. Sometimes I have a legitimate topic to talk about but am not sure if it warrants its own thread, yet I get no post count for talking about it in here.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I say let's change the moderators' name color. What about a nice green or orange?

This discussion has been closed.