User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.6K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

And I'm going to multiply that sentiment by ten.

• So I watched the documentary on the Trial DVD about Colin's time of the show. That was incredibly depressing. Everything went wrong at once, and the people involved ended up going from liking eachother to hating eachother within a year. Truly saddening. Especially the last part, where Colin says 'I still feel cheated', as the expanded universe gave Colin the ending he deserved: 'I've done a lot, seen a lot. Can't complain this time. Don't feel cheated.' were Six's last words according to one of the novels.

And, yes! IWWHIDW!

• @puzzlebox said: Hahaha, good stuff! I love the way The Doctor holds his arms/hands, you really captured Matt Smith's mannerisms there. Truly a mighty artist sir.

Cartoon-Rory's a dead ringer for Arthur Darvill, as well.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@FitzoliverJ said: Cartoon-Rory's a dead ringer for Arthur Darvill, as well.

Yeah, it's dead on. Right on target. [Error 412: Violence-related pun not found.] Perfectly executed.

• So the episode has a few unexpected cameos apparently. I recall seeing that the woman who played Captain Wrack in Enlightenment was returning this series earlier in the year... The Doctor needs some favors from the Eternals methinks.

I found another bug on the BF site, this time to get The Four Doctors for free. Le sigh. Sent it in. Won't download unless they tell me I get to keep it.

ALSO: REIGN OF TERROR missing eps to be animated for DVD. V early test graphic to be posted here tonight. Animators to be announced soon. - from CLASSICDW twitter - HOORAY!

• @Ribs said: So the episode has a few unexpected cameos apparently. I recall seeing that the woman who played Captain Wrack in Enlightenment was returning this series earlier in the year... The Doctor needs some favors from the Eternals methinks.

I found another bug on the BF site, this time to get The Four Doctors for free. Le sigh. Sent it in. Won't download unless they tell me I get to keep it.

ALSO: REIGN OF TERROR missing eps to be animated for DVD. V early test graphic to be posted here tonight. Animators to be announced soon. - from CLASSICDW twitter - HOORAY!

Post attempt #2
    You mean this lady?
    b0077jcq_640_360.jpg
    She's slated for episodes 12/13 apparently.

Also, I watched the five doctors last night. It's pretty much everything I would want from a Doctor Who movie. The only downside is that it didn't have Bill Hartnell in it (being dead is not an excuse. :p). And a distinct lack of Tom baker, due to him throwing a sulk for a few years. It did feature some scenes pinched from the scrapped "shada" though. I really think a multi-doctor episode would be awesome again.

Oh yeah, Hartnell's replacement was pretty decent, although there wasn't enough "Hmm? Heh heh heh"'s for my liking!

Also, I'm glad they're animating more episodes again. Although I would prefer them to have done Hartnells final episodes!

• @Friar said: Post attempt #2
    You mean this lady?
    b0077jcq_640_360.jpg
    She's slated for episodes 12/13 apparently.

Also, I watched the five doctors last night. It's pretty much everything I would want from a Doctor Who movie. The only downside is that it didn't have Bill Hartnell in it (being dead is not an excuse. :p). And a distinct lack of Tom baker, due to him throwing a sulk for a few years. It did feature some scenes pinched from the scrapped "shada" though. I really think a multi-doctor episode would be awesome again.

Oh yeah, Hartnell's replacement was pretty decent, although there wasn't enough "Hmm? Heh heh heh"'s for my liking!

Also, I'm glad they're animating more episodes again. Although I would prefer them to have done Hartnells final episodes!

The Tenth Planet seems to be the final planned release in the whole range, which is a nice idea due to the symbolism of everything. The other incomplete story getting an indicual release is the Troughton The Ice Warriors, which is probably an early 2013 release as well. 2013 seems to consist of 5 Pertwees, the aforementioned Tenth Planet and Ice Warriors, The Krotons, and Shada (which will be in a box with something else).

Also: There is a bonus feature with Outtakes on the Five Doctors, with Peter Davison cursing during a take as one. It's hilarious.

• @Ribs said: The Tenth Planet seems to be the final planned release in the whole range, which is a nice idea due to the symbolism of everything. The other incomplete story getting an indicual release is the Troughton The Ice Warriors, which is probably an early 2013 release as well. 2013 seems to consist of 5 Pertwees, the aforementioned Tenth Planet and Ice Warriors, The Krotons, and Shada (which will be in a box with something else).

Also: There is a bonus feature with Outtakes on the Five Doctors, with Peter Davison cursing during a take as one. It's hilarious.

Ah, that's great to hear. I'm really starting to like Bill Hartnell, after watching "The aztecs"

I haven't got to the extras yet. I started one documentary (oddly enough with Colin baker doing it), but it was an hour long and it was like 12.30 AM. So I listened to one of the audio episodes on the iplayer instead.

• @Friar said: b0077jcq_640_360.jpg

For some strange reason I think I've seen those two and that plane before somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on where.

• @Mr Nutt said: For some strange reason I think I've seen those two and that plane before somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on where.

Tah Dah!

Oh yeah, and peter Davison sung the theme tune to another of my favourite childhood programs, Button Moon I miss 80's/90's TV. :(

And Jon Pertwee was the star of a reasonably famous kids show too. And David Tennant was in "Cbeebies bed time story". Actually, so was John Barrowman, which just seems wrong! Even more so when his first lines are about two people who enjoy playing with eachother very much...

In fact, that seems to be the fate of all doctor who actors. Christopher Eccleston and Freema Agyeman seem to have appeared on it too! However, I've posted far more links then are likely to be viewed. :p

Add Comment