User Avatar Image

Worst episodes

posted by Hee Ho Ho on - last edited - Viewed by 242 users

What do you guys think is the worst monkey island episode. I vote 1 and 5.

The reason I vote 1 is because the statements you click aren't the ones that is actually said. Fortunately they fixed this later on. I don't think any monkey island game has that issue. They always say what you click except in special situations.

I voted 5 because it felt weird. Guybrush is all gloomy and everyone's sad.

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 3. Because I just didn't like the setting. But it's by no means a "bad" episode, just one that I don't like as much. Got better when I got back to the boat though.

• 1, because they got better with each chapter. Though 1 was still a great chapter.

Oh and it's chapters not episodes for ToMI, TellTale decided to be more traditional with it (not that it really matters if you call them ep's though).

Chapter 3 is Lair of the Leviathan
    Chapter 5 is Rise of the Pirate God

Just thought I'd tell you cos there un-named on the poll list.

@Hee Ho Ho said: The reason I vote 1 is because the statements you click aren't the ones that is actually said.

They didn't fix it, it was intentional. It also happens from time to time in MI1, MI2, CMI and EMI, it's to show you funny lines that Guybrush is thinking, but would get in trouble to say. It's just for fun and it only happens twice (IIRC) so I have no problem with it personally.

@Hee Ho Ho said: I voted 5 because it felt weird. Guybrush is all gloomy and everyone's sad.

That's true, but I feel it was right for the end of the game, and they still had lots of jokes in there. In fact the only thing that bugged me about chapter 5 was not being able to walk around in the final battle with LeChuck, though I can understand why they did it that way.

Btw, not saying your opinions wrong (cos you know, it's your opinion so that's impossible), I'm just explaining why I didn't have a problem with those chapters really :)

• I can't vote. I should to say episode 1 (for the same reason of Grojak), but I've a lot of good memories about that episode. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

siege of spinner cay because i though it had nothing to do with the adventure at hand

• @seibert999 said: siege of spinner cay because i though it had nothing to do with the adventure at hand

Gotta disagree there. Without the Spinner Cay artefacts Guybrush could never have even found La Esponge Grande much less stopped the Pox and eventually LeChuck.

• @Grojak said: Gotta disagree there. Without the Spinner Cay artefacts Guybrush could never have even found La Esponge Grande much less stopped the Pox and eventually LeChuck.

And he would never know the secret of Donkey Island.

• @seibert999 said: siege of spinner cay because i though it had nothing to do with the adventure at hand

No, it was the *leech* of Spinner Cay that had nothing to do with anything... :D

• @coolsome said: And he would never know the secret of Donkey Island.

lol, very true... though he'd probably be happier if he didn't know :P

@coolsome said: No, it was the *leech* of Spinner Cay that had nothing to do with anything... :D

Ahh, good old IWWH... memories. *drifts off into the past*

• someone modified the poll. how dare they!!! :p i couldn't think of the names at the time. thanks,

@Grojak

i agree the parts that were not click-->said were they funny parts and that's what i mean by "special situations". chapter 1 is rediculous in the fact that it's not funny and reduces the quality of the episode/chapter quite a lot in my opinion. although every chapter is great. :)

@NoOneInParticular :)

my favourite chapter is siege of spinner cay. it's just sooo wierd in a good way with merpeople. it feels right cos it's a pirate adventure. pirates of the carribean 4 has merpeople. sinbad cartoon by dreamworks has merpeople (i love sinbad cartoon regardless of bad reviews). chapter 2 just has it's monkey island twist to the merfolk. :)

• Grammar-wise, I would say that "The Siege of Spinner Cay" is the worst because of too many typos in the subtitles, making it a wanton cruelty to the common comma.

Add Comment