User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 34.5K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Peter Darvil-Evans, the editor of the Dr Who novels in teh 1990s, argued that the Time Lords were the first civilisation in the universe. Therefore, everything after their time period is the future, and is therefore up-for-grabs UNLESS somebody has already been there and 'crystalised' it. So, since the Doctor has been to Earth in the year 3000, he can't change anything in the year 2000. But if he's never been to Planet X, he has a free hand.

• I also don't get the non-interference policy. They killed the second doctor for it, and almost killed sixie for it, yet he seemed to do it all the time!

• Wow. I just had to post this. (A good man goes to war minor spoilers)
    It seems Moffat was an avid fan back in the 90's and participated in online discussions. Here's him talking about what became a plot detail on saturday's episode.

So that awesome speech of River's was 16 years in the making.

Add Comment