User Avatar Image

Read for the meaning of life,the universe,and everything else

posted by Anvilania on - last edited - Viewed by 611 users

the meaning of life,the universe, and everything else is:
wierd hu

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • you didn't get it from adams? interesting. might this have become common knowledge? already?
    btw, 42 is not the meaning of life, the universe and everything else, but the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything else..or something. i know, it's only a small difference, but an important one, I think.

• I loved those books

42 is the answer to the ultimate question... It was given to the beings we knew as mice because they pushed the issue with Deep Thought
    It was to busy watchin the Television(in the movie) so it built another computer to calculate the question.. this was the planet earth.. or rather earth mark II
    Course they blew it up for the highway...

if you want to know the real reason adams posted it on his fan site ages ago.. I think its still in wiki

WHY 42!!!
    "The answer to this is very simple. It was a joke. It had to be a number, an ordinary, smallish number, and I chose that one. Binary representations, base thirteen, Tibetan monks are all complete nonsense. I sat at my desk, stared into the garden and thought '42 will do.' I typed it out. End of story."

• @wisp said: you didn't get it from adams? interesting. might this have become common knowledge? already?
    btw, 42 is not the meaning of life, the universe and everything else, but the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything else..or something. i know, it's only a small difference, but an important one, I think.

It is a small diffrence so i'll just ignore that comment

• @Anvilania said: It is a small diffrence so i'll just ignore that comment

No offence but what was the point of this thread? If you didn't get it from Adams then were did you get it from? as Douglas Adams is the guy who thought it up in the first place.

• @evilguy12 said: No offence but what was the point of this thread? If you didn't get it from Adams then were did you get it from? as Douglas Adams is the guy who thought it up in the first place.

Dude i don't want to repeat myself as i said my brain is full of worthless trivia!
    If you must know i got it from Stargate Atlantis and now its worthless triva! good day sir!

• what is the answer to life the universe and everything = a worthless number invented by a mortal man... LOL!!

• The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a great book. You should read it, when you get a chance.

• I love the first 3 books.. towards the end.. it was just not the same.. for obvious reasons.

• ..true, but I also liked the ending of the last book though.

@Anvilania said: Dude i don't want to repeat myself as i said my brain is full of worthless trivia!

Who's isn't? Did you know that, thanks to the various forms of modern media, most people are not able to concentrate on a single task without being distracted by some kind of input for more than averagely ten minutes?
    Anyway, talking about worthless trivia: Posting such facts on a forum like this one could be compared to trowing a piece of bloody meat into a bath tub filled with piranhas...you get a bubble bath.

Add Comment