User Avatar Image

Back to the Future II: Marty watches Biff commit GTA in 2015

posted by Taylor Mcknight on - last edited - Viewed by 420 users

I might be the only one who notices this, but when Biff steals the Delorean in Back to the Future II (in the future), keep your eyes on Marty as he walks away , at first following that dog that is walking itself. Biff steps into the forground and takes the car...but if you keep your eyes on marty out of focus in the background, he stops... does this really weird hop ...and then seemingly stands there and watches Biff take the Delorean.

whoops....maybe Marty was in on it from the beginning...i love Michael J Fox, but i always thought Marty might be out to destroy the universe, HERE IS THE PROOF....you shady hill-valleyian.

;)

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Taylor Mcknight said: HERE IS THE PROOF....you shady hill-valleyian. ;)

HERE'S MY REBUTTAL...you slacker!

I pulled up my copy on my laptop to check it out and while he does do a little hop and stop, he's not looking at Biff but rather the house. Just before the scene cuts to the DeLorean, he bends down slightly as though to squint at the house.

I always found that scene a little unusual anyway since he couldn't hear the DeLorean taking off nor see it with his peripheral vision. I suppose he was very interested in the house and the old saying, 'Out of sight, out of mind' applies here.

• That scene always was a little weak. Marty should have walked completely out of sight of the DeLorean. (Which technically should also have been parked further away from Old Marty's house. Old Marty would have recognized it for what it was and it was dangerous of Doc to leave the DeLorean nearby.

Then again...it was before Doc learned all the lessons he learned about time travel safety...)

EDIT: Oh my goodness...I actually spelled scene as seen...I deserve to be whipped for that...

• @Kyronea said: That scene always was a little weak. Marty should have walked completely out of sight of the DeLorean. (Which technically should also have been parked further away from Old Marty's house. Old Marty would have recognized it for what it was and it was dangerous of Doc to leave the DeLorean nearby.

Then again...it was before Doc learned all the lessons he learned about time travel safety...)

EDIT: Oh my goodness...I actually spelled scene as seen...I deserve to be whipped for that...

It woudn't have been a big deal if old marty did see it. From his perspective, he'd remember the trip to 1955 (there's a fair amount of evidene in 2015 that these events did happen) and know what happened. He wouldnt remember his trip to 2015 as this is happening now. The danger is him seeing his younger self.

• Even so, that scene could have been constructed better to accomplish the same effect. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the basic elements of it, but having Marty so close and not notice the DeLorean being stolen is silly. (I'm also wondering how Biff figured out how to work the machine so fast...also wondering if the Fusion generator has to be stocked every trip or only ever few trips or something.)

• The time circuits are self explanatory really, and the digital speedometer Doc installed has red labels saying "Set to 88" so it'd be pretty apparent that 88 MPH is the target speed. As for the Mr. Fusion, seeing as how it's apparently a household appliance, I'm sure Biff can figure out to put trash in the thing. As for refilling it, that's kind of vague.

• We dont see biff time travel, for all we know it takes him 5 days to figure out, he just makes sure he returns right after he left.

It's quite possible that mr fusion is a regular household appliance in 2015 that the general person knows.

• wow good call, i never thought about the fact that maybe Biff didn't time travel right away. still don't understand "the hop" lol.

• @Taylor Mcknight said: wow good call, i never thought about the fact that maybe Biff didn't time travel right away. still don't understand "the hop" lol.

Robots walk dogs in the future? I can't wait for the future, Yipee!! :D:p

• Im going to buy a sports almanac in 2015. i'll figure out the time machine later.

• Marty does go around the corner before Biff takes off, and he's distracted checking out the houses.
    He doesnt hear it because of what that huge amp probably did to his ears. :P

@Taylor Mcknight said: still don't understand "the hop" lol.
    You're going to keep pushing that until somebody makes a short joke right?

Add Comment