User Avatar Image

OnLive 100% off Anything(Including MicroConsole) with $10+ purchase

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 219 users

OnLive is running a pretty insane promotion through Saturday:

Pay $10, get 100% off ANYTHING(only pre-orders are excluded). You can get a MicroConsole for about $20 this way($10 purchase+$10 shipping). I don't know when the actual coupon expires, but there's another promo going on that has a coupon that expires on July 3rd, and so this might be a cheap way to snag Duke Nukem Forever if the coupon doesn't expire before the game's release.

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rawr said: That's because the service is US only.

No it's not.

• Heh, well if I was going to be pedantic it does say that it isn't out till Autumn, either way my second point still stands.

• All these deals when I literally don't have a dollar to spare... I hate you, internet. :p

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@ShaggE said: All these deals when I literally don't have a dollar to spare... I hate you, internet. :p

Don't hate internet, hate poverty!

• This is a bit frustrating since all their prices end in .99 and most of them end in 9.99 and I don't really want any of them

I'd like to have the microconsole just because the free demos are neat, but I don't know

• @LuigiHann said: This is a bit frustrating since all their prices end in .99 and most of them end in 9.99 and I don't really want any of them

I'd like to have the microconsole just because the free demos are neat, but I don't know

You could do two $5.99 rentals if you wanted.

• I must say that I'm tempted. But the main problem here is that I don't have a TV...so I don't know how useful a microconsole would be.

• @Alcoremortis said: I must say that I'm tempted. But the main problem here is that I don't have a TV...so I don't know how useful a microconsole would be.

Do you have a monitor that supports HDMI input? Because that's the output of the thing. You could play on your computer monitor..but with a wireless controller!

...that doesn't sound all that exciting.

You could always use the coupon for a game.

• @Rather Dashing said: Do you have a monitor that supports HDMI input? Because that's the output of the thing. You could play on your computer monitor..but with a wireless controller!

...that doesn't sound all that exciting.

You could always use the coupon for a game.

Well, the thing is, weird as it may sound, I'd prefer to get something that I could use at school, so monitor is sorta out because that would mean I'd have to carry it on the plane when I return. Sorta the same thing with the TV. Technically, my parents own a TV, but it's right in the middle of the house, making it painfully obvious when I'm not studying for the GRE/ doing whatever other thing I'm supposed to be doing that isn't playing games all the time.

...I might get a game, though. I'll have to do a bit of browsing first.

• Curious about Duke Nukem Forever's eligibility, I sent a message off to OnLive support, and just got this back:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us, and for your interest in OnLive. When the codes are sent out they will be good for any active game in the Marketplace, so as long as Duke Nukem isn't pushed back again for old time's sake then the code should be good for it. You never know when it comes to the Duke...

John
    Customer Service Representative

Add Comment