User Avatar Image

Mislabeling of Nedry's Jeep in Jurassic Park: The Game.

posted by Asian Inferno on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

It looks to be a wonderful game and I look forward to play it (hopefully on the 360).

But one thing that's been bugging me was the license plate of the Jeeps in the screenshots and trailer.

Nedry's Jeep in the movie was JP 12 and Harding's in the Game looks to be JP 14.

But in the aforementioned media that was released, Nedry's Jeep has the license plate JP 14.

It's such a minor detail, but I hope it gets fixed and checked to be hopefully implemented into the actual canon. (Unlike many of the past JP games)

UPDATED (With Picture):

sjeepcomparison.th.jpg

77 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DustyBoy87 said: Haha! Good finds! Lol. Is every fan-base so particular? :P

And I really hope the Telltale folks don't hate us for all of these.. :X

No, I think they're as big as fans as us, yet they cant go through every little detail, so thats where we might help out! :D

• @Bombillazo said: No, I think they're as big as fans as us, yet they cant go through every little detail, so thats where we might help out! :D

Well, that's good.. haha. If it's true, anyway. :rolleyes:

• @Bombillazo said: No, I think they're as big as fans as us, yet they cant go through every little detail, so thats where we might help out! :D

This is my personal hope that we aren't bugging them, but showing them things they may have overlooked. In the end, it's up to Telltale to implement these things or not. It's better fan service if they actually do take into account these things, but nothings being held against them. The are a developer who seems to care a lot, and it's my hope that they will be able to show that.

On a side note: I do take some joy in these comparison images, pretty proud of them.

• @Asian Inferno said: This is my personal hope that we aren't bugging them, but showing them things they may have overlooked. In the end, it's up to Telltale to implement these things or not. It's better fan service if they actually do take into account these things, but nothings being held against them. The are a developer who seems to care a lot, and it's my hope that they will be able to show that.

On a side note: I do take some joy in these comparison images, pretty proud of them.

You are awesome. Telltale should definitely offer you a job as consultant, in the next season (if there will be one). Good job on finding all those details.
    Every day my expectations for JP: the game grow more and more ;)

• Whats funny is it feels like we are developers of the game. And where telling the team what to fix.

• @Faceslasher said: Whats funny is it feels like we are developers of the game. And where telling the team what to fix.

Nah, we're just diligent helpers. :D

• @Asian Inferno said:
    The first one is more "important". Although the East Dock was never fully realized in the movie except for a few camera shots, it being fleshed out in the game one minor detail was left out.

eastdockcomparison.th.jpg

Another thing I've recognized (for the detail-loving people in this forum):

The letters on the ship are - compared to the movie-screens - way too big and placed too high. You can see that in the movie they're leveled in the middle of the ladder (in the game they're leveled above the ladder)…

additionally the horizontal/diagonal stripe is white in the movie, instead of darkblue :p

20110408-qfx6pcxwdx4nthj4y8wy9tpdeg.jpg

• @piccobello said: Another thing I've recognized (for the detail-loving people in this forum):

The letters on the ship are - compared to the movie-screens - way too big and placed too high. You can see that in the movie they're leveled in the middle of the ladder (in the game they're leveled above the ladder)…

additionally the horizontal/diagonal stripe is white in the movie, instead of darkblue :p

20110408-qfx6pcxwdx4nthj4y8wy9tpdeg.jpg

Very nice find! I don't even know if the ships should say "C-3208" as we never really see that last number, maybe set pictures had the answer to that.

• Look...they've been listening! At least in this one instance.

signcompupdate.th.jpg

• Another example here from E3, the license plate is finally fixed. The graphics are looking like an improvement since the trailer.

jurassic-park-the-game-20110607061018043

Add Comment